fbpx

Jun — September 2013 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Jun — September 2013 eBay Auction Picture Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    Pam

Ugh, ebay sucks >_< I checked the settings on our auctions and eBay has started enabling the global shipping option on all of them! How long has it been doing that?? Every time I make a new listing I will have to remember to uncheck that box. I dont know why they would do that since we already ship globally.

Dandr13
      Participant

I think it only started yesterday. When the tattoo Kirin and Oriental were first listed the Global Shipping Program was not there. I only noticed it when I got home from work yesterday and decided to check the current high bids. I can’t remember if I checked them on Friday, but I know it wasn’t there when they were listed. It’s strange that it did it to existing auctions after bids had already been placed. :~

Dandr13
        Participant

The new piece that just went up “BAROQUE BLACK #1” Oriental dragon also has the Global shipping option. Maybe Windstone could find a way for the winning bidder to pay outside of Ebay but still using Paypal in order to avoid the insane fees. I’m tempted to bid on the male kirin that’s ending in 16 min, but $73 for shipping is more than 25% of the current high bid.

Tara
          Participant

Those customs fees are ridiculous. When I get charged by Canada post(if I get charged) it’s about $20 for a $300 item not $45 like they want. And what’s to say after ebay’s taken their fee I won’t get charged again by Canada post if the seller happens to ship direct to me instead of to ebay. I suppose in some ways this new fee is a good thing…. Less temptation to buy anything off ebay.

Edit: Maybe sending a invoice request might get around it.

littleironhorse
            Participant

Those customs fees are ridiculous. When I get charged by Canada post(if I get charged) it’s about $20 for a $300 item not $45 like they want. And what’s to say after ebay’s taken their fee I won’t get charged again by Canada post if the seller happens to ship direct to me instead of to ebay. I suppose in some ways this new fee is a good thing…. Less temptation to buy anything off ebay.

Edit: Maybe sending a invoice request might get around it.

I do get charged most of the times, but I’m with you, no way do I trust that I wouldn’t get charged twice!

Chloe
              Participant
                Kim
                Blocked

I have never had to pay customs fees on any Windstone pieces I have bought from the U.S. so maybe I am lucky but I don’t think ebay should make people pay fees they otherwise might not be charged!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Pam

For the international bidders:
                    I can get around the Global Shipping Program by sending a custom invoice to the winner. I tried to add a note to the auctions regarding this, but eBay borked that up as well.

Falcolf
                    Participant

P.S. I am going to really miss your beautiful work! This Baroque Black is amazing!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Chloe
                      Participant
                        Gary
                        Participant

If you want to reclaim control of your ebay account, you need to go to your My eBay page, click on Account – Site Preferences, and hit Edit under Offer the Global Shipping Program. There you can opt back out of this idiocy.

I have heard that international buyers will STILL be charged customs fees on their packages. The fees you pay through the global shipping program are a broker fee and other such nonsense. If you ship with this method your packages also get sent to a ‘middle man’ who OPENS THE PACKAGES, and repackages them, and then ships them to the buyer. THAT is what the fees are for.

I don’t buy from sellers who use this program. It’s a money grab by ebay, plain and simple.

(Also note, I don’t use the program, so everything above is hearsay… I heard it, and I am repeating it, so there may not be total truth in it.)

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

P.S. I am going to really miss your beautiful work! This Baroque Black is amazing!

I agree.. I am going to REALLY miss your work! Please keep painting part time as you are because LOTS of us ADORE your work!!! I don’t want you to change a thing!

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pam

If you want to reclaim control of your ebay account, you need to go to your My eBay page, click on Account – Site Preferences, and hit Edit under Offer the Global Shipping Program. There you can opt back out of this idiocy.

I have heard that international buyers will STILL be charged customs fees on their packages. The fees you pay through the global shipping program are a broker fee and other such nonsense. If you ship with this method your packages also get sent to a ‘middle man’ who OPENS THE PACKAGES, and repackages them, and then ships them to the buyer. THAT is what the fees are for.

I don’t buy from sellers who use this program. It’s a money grab by ebay, plain and simple.

(Also note, I don’t use the program, so everything above is hearsay… I heard it, and I am repeating it, so there may not be total truth in it.)

Hah! Thank you, done! Take that, ebay.

Chloe
                              Participant

Sorry, folks….my internet has been kicking me off…..repeatedly. I got a hotspot thingy (new) and it is not so hot, lemme tell ya. 🙁

Anyway, here are more gorgeous eBay pieces! FINALLY!

NATIVE SLATE #1 LARGE FLAP CAT BY B.W.
                                 photo KGrHqYOKosFHl9wTvqhBR50T1nB6w60_57574x700_zps01b5b053.jpg
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/290947800586?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

SALMON #1 EMPEROR DRAGON BY B.W.
                                 photo T2eC16FkE9s4Z-UH-BR51CREfow60_57474x700_zpsa6d05a87.jpg
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/300935829719?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

BANANA ORANGE TIGER #1 LAP DRAGON BY P.S.
                                 photo KGrHqFHJBkFHJ3RhYdvBR6GfhIFj60_57700x573_zpsbbbfbdd9.jpg
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/300936227385?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

NATIVE SLATE #1 MALE PEGASUS BY B.W.
                                 photo T2eC16ZyME9s5qHtDoBR6KPvPfMQ60_57465x700_zps8755b51c.jpg
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINDSTONE-NATIVE-SLATE-1-MALE-PEGASUS-FIGURINE-WINGED-HORSE-STATUE-/300936325181?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461133e83d

Erika
                                Participant

Oooh, that scheme on the lap is AMAZING! Also loving that male pegasus in slate! So cool!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 195 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.