fbpx

James C. Christensen

Home Forums Miscellany Community James C. Christensen

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

I know it’s been forever since I last posted anything. I’ve been working 3 jobs since the divorce and so I only get the chance to peek in occasionally. But tonight I need to share some feelings and as I consider you to be my surrogate family I’m afraid you’re stuck with me. Last night my family lost a very dear friend, James Christensen, who was a world renowned fantasy artist, teacher, husband, father, brother, grandfather and friend. He had battled cancer for some years and last night he went “home”. I miss him terribly but couldn’t in all honesty ask him to “stay” especially since I know how awful it is to deal with chronic pain. I’ll try to pop in here more often. I miss you all so very much. Thanks for having my back

twinsdragonsmum

tdm

jmoore
      Participant

So very sorry for your loss. <hugs!>

GardenNinja
        Participant

Oh TDM, I am sorry for you and your family!

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Ela_Hara
          Participant

So Sorry! Hope he finds what he needs, and you too! HUGZ!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Jellyfish
            Participant

I cried when I heard the news. I adore his art and have well over a dozen pieces of his art. I have also been cross stitching one of his works called Vin Apres Midi. I will be thinking of him as I work on it. What an amazing man and artist. He will be missed. I always looked forward to what he would come up with next.

Melody
              Keymaster

What a loss to the fantasy art world, and I am so sorry for your personal loss!
                Thank you for considering us family! <3

twindragonsmum
                Participant

Thanks for all your support… it’s just been like a kick in the gut, especially since I also lost my best friend of 30 some odd years in November

tdm

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Hugs TDM I’ve thought of you often when I’m here, and my daughter still sometimes asks me how your boyohs are doing.

So sorry for your loss. Sending prayers to you and his.

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

My fondest memory of James is the last project he worked on. Orem City (where we live) just opened a new all access play ground where children with disabilities can play with other more able bodied children. I was at work (scenic artist) and got a phone call from Cassie, his daughter who is also an artist, asking for help in painting the murals for the playground. They had “a thousand people who can use power tools but none that can wield a paintbrush”. My boss very kindly said “yes, of course! Go!” So I went to help my darling friend and her family was there all pitching in and I got to spend two days working with them. To top it all off, I mixed all the colors that James wanted and needed and he never asked to have any of them redone. He told me they were exactly what he wanted and that he was impressed with my grasp on color 😊

tdm

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

Dearest pipsx, me boyohs are doing very well😊 They are in the middle of their sophomore year at University of Utah having finished their freshman year there with straight A’s and on the dean’s list. They are also working full time and so far they haven’t accrued any debt for their education. They have paid for it all, all by themselves. They now stand at 6’4″ and delight in calling me “shorty” (I’m 5’10”) still very blonde and boy can they consume! I think they have hollow legs…😊

tdm

tdm

dragonmedley
                        Participant

oh, Beckie, I’m so sorry! Big hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.