fbpx

Interesting dog article

Home Forums Miscellany Community Interesting dog article

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

My daughter sent me this link, very interesting reminds me of the work with Kanzi the bonobo. I would like to see this idea built upon!

It’s a dog owned by a speech pathologist learning to use a communication board.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/dog-learns-to-speak-stella-christina-hunger-san-diego-speech-therapist-211834082.html

Natasha
      Participant

I laughed so hard when I saw a video clip of the dog hitting the “look” button over and over again. I mean, yeah, it’s super funny…but its also SUPER in line with the way my dogs communicate. “MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM THERESSOMEONEOUTSIDE LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK LOOK”

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Kim
        Blocked

That’s so cool! Thanks for sharing! What a smart dog! I would love to try that when I have a dog again. I shared it to Facebook.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
          Participant

We saw this too.I think Liberty would breeze right through that.We have often talked about how well she understands our language for being so young.I have seen Brego do things without me saying a word to him,just talking like I am talking to a human,complete sentences and phrases and he always understood.When you talk to them a lot,they learn,they will communicate right back.It is not all that hard to understand what they are trying to say too.Their eyes,mouth, body stance,etc.Body language speaks very loudly.I caught my reflection in a window one day when I realized my body stance and language when I was working with Bre as a young dog.Didn’t realize it but he did and reacted to it. Something to teach us to understand them is awesome because they already understand our language.Nothing stupid about a dog.If they learn to walk upright the distant future may be way different than we can ever imagine.Ever read “Man Kazin Wars?”😆

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.