fbpx

If anyone is interested

Home Forums Miscellany Community If anyone is interested

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

I missed it too! My coworker has been watching as well, hoping to show his little girl, so she could watch, but I guess it wasn’t to be (being here on the east coast, we were sleeping! He would have been awake at that hour if we were on the west coast!). So cute! I’m sure mommy is much relieved to be minus the extra baggage and extra sleep for the human ‘parents’. πŸ˜€ Congrats! Filly or colt?

Jasmine
      Participant

Darn, I missed it too. Congrats though!!

Hannah
        Participant

Awww I missed it! Darn!!

Momma looks Sooooo happy to have her baby and not be so uncomfortable!! I see a few people in there with them πŸ˜€

Baby is adorable!!!

Is that dad in the stall next to them? I haven’t seen any other horses this whole time but he’s got his head over the fence constantly now!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kujacker
          Participant

Yeral wrote:

Is that dad in the stall next to them? I haven’t seen any other horses this whole time but he’s got his head over the fence constantly now!

If I’m seeing correctly, no. That horse is brown. The father has a white face.

bayoudragon
            Participant

I’m gonna guess colt. πŸ˜€

Diana L
              Participant

I’m going to hazard a guess too and I’m thinking it’s a colt also. Phoenix, which is it, colt or filly??

Kelly
                Participant

I checked in on her at 4:30am est. and she was almost pacing in the stall, very restless. I thought it won’t be long now. Knowing I had to leave for work I emailed the link to a co-worker so she could watch (another animal lover). Well at around 7:20am est. my co-worker ran into my room all serious and said I have to show you this… she pulled up the link and there was two women, the mare and tada a baby!! It made our day to see this thanks for sharing. Congrats!!!! I work with racehorses part time and right now its off season so it was a great treat. You got me thinking come on spring when the horses all come back to start a new season! πŸ˜€ This is my baby…
                  https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/dP6PwKPS8mjl-6JHFweAOa1rIWZznzDZYVZO7whX4Ng?feat=directlink

Illith
                  Participant

Ha, so was I the only one who saw it born then? I was amazed at how fast it went! I got out of the shower and checked on her, and she was laying on her side doing what I thought was sleeping. Then I made some breakfast and when I came back there were LEGS! I raced for my cellphone and called Phoenix but by the time she picked up it was already over!
                    If only we humans could learn something from horses!

Andrea
                    Participant

Hi All!
                      Whew! What a day. I’m tired!
                      First off, thanks to all the wonderful callers and texters. I so appreciate the heads up! It was cold this morning and I was worried about the foal’s energy getting sapped from shivering. Turns out he was fine after he was dried off a bit.

Silo was fine after a bit and vet had a very busy day so he couldn’t come until later in the day. Silo is perfect, he was impressed by her not being bruised at all and was being a great mom.
                      I think we’ve settled on the name Titan for the colt. It just fits him I think. So Phoenix’s Clash of the Titans will be his registered name unless hubby comes up with something better (which he’s super good at naming). LOL
                      Vet says Titan is a great name as he’s got quite a bit of spunk to him. My vet is 6’2″ and had a hard time holding on to him. LOL. IgG was way above normal, temp good, legs great and straight, energy level and suckle was great. Healthy little boy!

I can envision a matched team of driving ponies with Titan and Frodo as they are almost identical. Frodo has a black sock and Titan has a ton of white in his tail. Other then that, they are really close. It would have been so nice to still have Ditto as it would be quite the Get of Sire and Get of Dam group. We’ll wait a couple years for that though.

I rushed away so quick this morning that I didn’t bring a camera so I’m going to have to leave you hanging for pictures. A couple friends took some, hopefully they’ll send them.

Titan is to die for cute. His little face is adorable. A perfect meld of sire and dam.
                      Andrea

Andrea
                      Participant

Oh, and I think someone will post the link to the birth and there will still be about 6 months of viewing pleasure! Prepaid. LOL

siberakh1
                        Participant

Awesome Phoenix! Can’t wait for pics! My coworker will be delighted to be able to show his daughter the birth then. πŸ™‚

Crowfeather, I love your baby. I was wondering which track that was, until I noticed the Suffolk Downs sign near the end. I’m only about 15 minutes from Saratoga Springs (drive by the track every day to work). One of my classmates from school, her family raises thoroughbreds and Funny Cide was foaled at their farm. Saratoga is just such a fun place to be during the summer (except some of the summer drivers up from the City *rolls eyes*). πŸ™‚

Allison
                          Participant

Titan’s a great name! Congrats on a healthy, adorable colt πŸ™‚

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

Oh wow! I missed it, but that’s so weird that the baby was born almost a few hours after Bubbas passed away πŸ˜₯ It’s the miracle of life and the reality of death that really helps you understand how precious it is. What a beautiful little baby!! Congrats Pheonix πŸ™‚ I’m watching it wabble around the momma and feeding. SO CUTE!

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Katherine
                              Participant

That is so awesome Phoenix! I am so glad we will get to see him grow! πŸ™‚

Adaneth
                                Participant

He was just running around and being playful–so adorable! Thanks for leaving the camera going! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.