Identifying older stone gargoyles

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Identifying older stone gargoyles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Margaret Boos
    Participant

I have four Windstone stone gargoyles from late 90’s early 2000 timeframe and am having trouble identifying them. I’m downsizing and need to sell these wonderful pieces. I’ve been to the links listed in the forums that I could find but have only been able to identify one. Most sites I was directed to no longer exist. Is there a recent site for identifying older items? If not, is it okay to post pictures and ask if anyone can identify?

Thanks,
      Margaret

Margaret

etruscan
      Participant

This site still works for me. It shows pieces through 2008. Unfortunately it does not have the pieces grouped by type, so you will have to search through the links on the left of the page for those that have “Gargoyle” in the name.

http://astralcastle.com/00-archive/windstone/wsframe.htm

Of course, it also is OK to post photos and ask for help here.

Margaret Boos
        Participant

Thanks for the search insight! I searched on “stone” as I always saw this word first for unpainted gargoyles. I was able to find all of items with the “gargoyle” search. My next question is how do I determine the value. all of my gargoyles are in mint condition and have the original boxes. The site above shows the original price. I’m wondering if the discontinued ones would be more valuable.

Margaret

etruscan
          Participant

Price really depends on how many people are looking for that particular sculpt. Condition also is a factor . You say your gargoyles are in mint condition so I expect they don’t have problems like chips, scuffs, and smells that reduce the value of a Windstone. Cigarette smoke is a big no-no for some people. Having the original box is always good as it makes shipping the piece safely much easier!

Ebay’s “Sold” prices listing can be a good place to find recent prices for Windstones. Fingers crossed that you don’t have to be signed into ebay for this to work …

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=gargoyle+windstone&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=10&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

If you are on Facebook, you can offer pieces for auction-style sales in the “Windstone Editions Fan Club (Official)” group. This lets people who are interested in a gargoyle send bids to you and means you don’t have to set a price in advance. You might have to join the group to do this but that isn’t difficult.

You also have the option of an auction-style sale here in the “Classifieds”:

Classified Ads

Asking about value of specific pieces here is always worth trying. People might know the current prices for gargoyles, though I do not.

Margaret Boos
            Participant

Thanks again!

Margaret

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.