How do you make the decision

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody How do you make the decision

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Andrea
      Participant

to retire a color?
        I was really sad when I found out the emerald color would be retired as that is the color I collect. So I was wondering how you make the decision to retire a certain color? I know it adds value to the pieces I have, but will be sad when you eventually come out with new poses for the dragons and there won’t be one in emerald. πŸ™

Melody
        Keymaster

Phoenix wrote:

to retire a color?
          I was really sad when I found out the emerald color would be retired as that is the color I collect. So I was wondering how you make the decision to retire a certain color? I know it adds value to the pieces I have, but will be sad when you eventually come out with new poses for the dragons and there won’t be one in emerald. πŸ™

We retire a color when we feel like it. We usually feel like it if a few things happen:
          A. Sales really slow down for a color,
          B. We didn’t like it much in the first place, because it is a pain to paint, or
          c. We liked it, but have gotten REALLY tired of it!

Maria
          Participant

B. applied to rainbow and C. applied to peacock. πŸ˜€

Bob

I think A applied to Rainbow as well. I had heard tha the rainbow never really caughton. Maybe because it was more money as the rest that where available

Maria
              Participant

Right. I forgot rainbow was never very popular.

Bob

I have also been wondering how long Ruby will hold out since most do not seem to like the monotoned colors

Maria
                  Participant

I hope it hangs around for a while, because I’ve only got one ruby so far.

Jodi
                    Participant

I haven’t heard anything official, so don’t take this as fact. This is just my opinion, for whatever it’s worth:

Since Ruby is the last color in the old pricing range, there will probably be one of two things happening this year: a) the price will be raised so that it is the same as the others, b) the line will be discontinued too.

I personally love the Ruby and have recently decided to collect all the Ruby dragons. So, I will be buying them as soon as I can budget them, just to make sure I get them.

Maria
                      Participant

πŸ™ I was afraid of that. I better get on my ruby collecting, too.
                        It’s great of you to keep us posted with a dealer’s point of view, emerald. I appreciate it.

Jodi
                        Participant

Thanks. Just trying to help. πŸ˜‰

Maria
                          Participant

Oh, you do! πŸ˜‰

Bob

I was saying it becasue the monotone colors do not seem to sell that well and the Emperor is no longer avaible thru retail stores. It seems to be the logical step to me

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.