fbpx

How do you find…..

Home Forums Miscellany Community How do you find…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    pdlucich
    Participant

Once upon a time, there was a store that had all sorts of stuff that I loved. Unfortunately, I couldn’t afford much. I finally got a little money for extras, only to find the store had turned into an overpriced boutique with ugly plastic jewelry (and then went bankrupt). Since then, I’ve tried to find similar stuff but I type in descriptions and get a million hits for things that aren’t remotely the same. Does anyone know any way of getting better results? (I’m wondering if there’s a site where people post pictures and someone else says “hey I know who sells that”)

Any help?

It's not hoarding if it's books!
      Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

etruscan
      Participant

Do you include the store name in your searches?

pdlucich
        Participant

That doesn’t really help since it was a retailer and not a manufacturer like Windstone. Like most catalogs, they didn’t say who made what they were selling. (If you want to know, it was called Coldwater Creek, and they were at their best in the early ’90s. Yeah, a long time ago ;))

etruscan
          Participant

Yes, Coldwater Creek is not what it was. However, they are still around. http://www.coldwatercreek.com/

etruscan
            Participant

I don’t know what you are hoping to find. If shopping online have you tried the Sundance catalog or Marketplace of India? A number of people have told me that they really like Chicos though I haven’t been there myself. I don’t shop very often.

pdlucich
              Participant

That’s news to me, as I live where they used to be based and I went to their “selling everything left in the warehouse including vendors samples for a few dollars a bag” sale.

They used to have SS/turquoise jewelry, photo prints, carved critters, assorted SW and NW themed stuff.
                So, know where I can find a “leather w/triangular brass nuggets” bracelet? (Sorry, trying to be funny. This is starting to sound adversarial and I don’t want that. I know you’re trying to help.)

Bodancia
                Participant

Yes – Coldwater Creek is still around, but now only as a catalog company. They don’t have the unique jewelry or jackets anymore (they were my favorite place for great jackets for work). Their items are more generic. A much better quality catalog company, similar to what Coldwater Creek used to be is Sundance. They have fantastic jewelry and clothes. Kind of spendy, but it’s tons of fun to look through their catalogs! LOL

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

etruscan
                  Participant

No problem – I hope you don’t mind my making suggestions. If you can stand one more … take a look at leather bracelets in the UNICEF catalog (of all places). Some of them look quite nice.
                    https://www.market.unicefusa.org/?searchkeyword=leather-bracelet

Bodancia
                    Participant

No kidding, have a look at the jewelry in the Sundance catalog. It is very unique and has lots of interesting leather bracelets.
                      https://www.sundancecatalog.com/category/handmade+jewelry.do

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

merrillannwhite
                      Participant

Might also try Soft Surroundings and Northstyle.

pdlucich
                        Participant

Thanks for the suggestions, all. I’ll keep looking. (Though I wish it were possible to upload a picture and have a image-match search engine do all the work!)

etruscan
                          Participant

LOL – how about a leather bracelet with pyramid brass nuggets? This showed up with an etsy search and the seller seems to have similar designs in several different colors. The “essential oil diffuser” is a tassel on the bracelet.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/659535273/burgundy-braided-essential-oil-diffuser?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=leather+bracelet+brass+nuggets&ref=sr_gallery-1-5&organic_search_click=1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.