Historic Manors

Home Forums Miscellany Community Historic Manors

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I got to take a trip with my daughter and 2 other lovely ladies in the family.We stayed at a manor with B&B.This huge manor was actually moved over 800 miles by oxen in the early 1800’s.Lovely people and loved their back yard.(pic) These all sit about 3blocks from the Ms.River.
      We visited one named “The Choctaw”.Talk about over the top.The dinner settings?Could you imagine,5 dinner servings,5 different drinks,7course desserts,and you we’re served every one.1 1/2 hour meals.They can serve 167guest at once.and the women in corsets.Could you imagine.The manor is around 300yrs.old.The portraits lining the winding staircase are life size and so old the paint is peeling.They wouldn’t let us go past the 3rd.floor.That tree is over 15ft.tall.The vase is drool worthy.Waterford Crystal over two ft.tall.oh myyyy…
      The next one is called The Towers.
      Built in 1798,half burned down and restored fully.The tour was called “A Jeweled Christmas” and she was kidding.If you like Swarovski crystals,this is a must see.Talk about obsessions,hers is costume jewelry and Swarovskies.She has over 3000 broached,covering her half dozen Christmas trees.The garland are all Swarovski crystals strung together.Let your imagine go as wild as possible and you still could not imagine this home.No photos or kids allowed.Her father got an Emmy(under glass of course) for inventing the radar.Japan’s Emperor honored him because the 1st time the Olympics were broadcast worldwide.Quite a family history.The animals out in her yard are iron,life sized.A had to take photos.Well it was outside.😀 She a love for peacocks too.She has a life sized one made in “The Blue Room” made of crystals.I wish I could show you.She also creates beautiful Christmas trees and other objects all from Swarovskies.She has replicas of Marie Antoinette’s million dollar necklace she denied having made right before she was beheaded.Replicas of famous actresses and celebrities,Hollywood elites,such as Ava Gardner,Princess Grace,Jacki Kennedy etc.Every single place you look has crystals and jewels.Hence the name….Ladies,you would love what I got to see.If you like history and bling,this is a trip you might want to plan.I promise you wouldn’t forget it.
      The patio is me outside in the misting warm rain at 5am.,heavy breeze blowuling.I loved it.Made me feel 20yrs.old again playing in the rain.It felt so much like New Orleans that if you didn’t know better you would swear you were there.
      Could you just imagine living in a place like that?
      1st set of pics are from “The Choctaw”

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-23-243

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-23-072

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-23-373

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

“The Towers”front porch.The deer are iron with real antlers from early 1800s.I loved the “break”bench around side by kitchen entrance.Handmade wooden and who knows how old.

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-25-002

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-25-472

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-24-532

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-24-312

Bodine
        Participant

Isn’t this just beautiful.The night was warm,heavy breeze and misty rain.I could not resist dancing in it all by myself before dawn.😄

20211210_1752293

Animals outside The Towers,all life sized.

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-23-532

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-24-162

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-24-052

Bodine
          Participant

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-24-412

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-25-392

The bears were just awesome.There were more but we had to go.Rain moved in and with it,the cold returned.

Screenshot_2021-12-13-03-25-092

Screenshot_2021-12-11-20-03-03

Bodine
            Participant

Some of the grounds.Huge plantation homes 2blocks from main Street center of town.
              $20 for 1 1/2 HR.tour.Things I saw and ideas I got,worth the trip.😊

Screenshot_2021-12-11-20-02-522

Screenshot_2021-12-11-20-03-32

dragonmedley
              Participant

Lovely, Mimi!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

StormDancer
                Participant

Sounds like a wonderful experience!

Looking for:
                  "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Beautiful pictures, thank you! That sounds like a great way to spend the day. The big cat and raptor sculptures are especially impressive.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

NICE!
                      Looks Beautiful! Might have to visit sometime myself!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

veryalive
                      Participant

That manor looks amazing! And all the sculptures! What a great place to spend some holiday time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.