Help with a Windstone Injury?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Help with a Windstone Injury?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

I can get the Golden brand interference 1oz bottles and the tubes at my local art supply store. They do last a long time and I like the bottles cause I can just use a drop at a time.

LOL this is an interesting topic, I learn a lot reading about paints and repairs, thanks all ๐Ÿ˜‰

VampireBiscuits: I hope your emp turns out well ;p

dkomenda wrote:

VampireBiscuits: I hope your emp turns out well ;p

Thanks! So do I! This has been very helpful though, I’ll post pictures up when hes fixed.

Jennifer wrote:

I hate paint tubes. The cap always gets gummed up, and you can never get all the paint out easily unless you have a tube key. Plus you gotta get a small glorb each time you get some paint.. with the bottles it’s easy to get a single drop if you don’t need much. ๐Ÿ™‚

There are couple of things that can be done. Wiping the threads with a damp paper towel before replacing the cap is 1 option; *LIGHTLY* coating the threads with vaseline is another–stressing the lightly! I prefer to use pallette paper when painting, so the glob of paint is a given, I guess. ๐Ÿ™‚ But with the pallette, there is room to keep the original colors seperated. I’ve also used the handle of a butter knife to squeeze as much paint from a tube as possible. I keep the cap on, squeeze with the knife, and then carefully fold and roll the tube.

Nightcrow
      Participant

Kyrin,

do you think Pearl Ex blue interference powder would work as well? It’s much cheaper, and even if she didn’t want to spring for a bottle (it’s about $7, including shipping) I would be willing to send some of mine in a little baggie or something! It weighs practically nothing, I could drop it in an envelope easily.

I don’t know if you’ve ever tried it before — I used it on the wings of a gryphon (you can see him in my gallery), by dry-brushing it over gloss sealed black acrylic… it’s quite bright if you do a couple of layers!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

nightcrow wrote:

Kyrin,

do you think Pearl Ex blue interference powder would work as well? It’s much cheaper, and even if she didn’t want to spring for a bottle (it’s about $7, including shipping) I would be willing to send some of mine in a little baggie or something! It weighs practically nothing, I could drop it in an envelope easily.

I don’t know if you’ve ever tried it before — I used it on the wings of a gryphon (you can see him in my gallery), by dry-brushing it over gloss sealed black acrylic… it’s quite bright if you do a couple of layers!

I’ve never tried the powders, though I’ve been curious about them.

Kyrin

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.