Help me name our new pup…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Help me name our new pup…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

It’s done!! I went to visit the puppy again on the weekend, and the name came to me on the car ride home…

Thanks for all your replies guys…we decided on Hudson

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodine
      Participant

Good strong name and it rolls well with Hank.
        I named Liberty in the car on the way to meet her too😁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

sherry10151982
        Participant

LOVE IT!!! It always comes to you when they’re right with you! I’ve named many a dog on the car ride home😊🤣!

Natasha
          Participant

He’s so adorable! God boy, Hudson!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

dragonmedley
            Participant

OMG, cuteness overload! Love the name too 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Out of all of these so far I really loved the idea of naming him Kobalt, but Hudson is a good strong name. Very fitting

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

etruscan
                Participant

LOL – why name your puppy after a power tool when you can name him after a vintage/antique automobile? Seriously – Hudson is a good name for your “little” guy. When do you get to bring the puppy home?

Kim
                  Blocked

Congrats on the puppy! I would love to see more pictures!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                    Participant

I hear Hudson I think river.Yes,show us some pics!

Suzanne-Marie
                      Participant

Beautiful name for a beautiful puppy!!
                        Congrats!!🎉🍾

Angelika_Zen
                        Participant

I pick him up after work on Aug 16 !!

I went to see him last night…and ok, are you guys ready for this? I am about to say the meanest thing someone can say about a 6 week old puppy. HE’S A TOTAL JERK. He was what seemed like the runt when I first picked him but has now surpassed the 10 other littermates by quite a bit. He’s a total porker!! (lol Ok the little round belly is totally adorable) he’s faster, bigger, stronger than the others, and one by one, I watched him take them all out! Straight shot to the body, or he grabs a hold of them by the neck and bulldozes them over. I was mortified and said to the breeder “Omg! Hudson’s a bully”, and she laughed and said “I was waiting for you to say something. ”

I know it’s puppy play, but he is ROUGH and you should have seen the poor little females…they didn’t stand a chance.

I’m sure Hank is going to help me with this. He’ll be 9 in December and will let Hudson know when he’s being annoying.

I tried to take pics and video, but he was ALL OVER THE PLACE…Oh! and he hops…with both hind legs together lol…I just hope it’s not an indication of problems with his hips.

I have done some homework (and have some experience) but I am wide open to everyone’s advice on breaking a dominating hound.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Angelika_Zen
                          Participant

The first two pics were taken when he was 4 weeks old.

The 3rd photo was taken last night (he’s 6 weeks old and weighs 10 pounds)

Bodine
                            Participant

Lol,happy puppy😅

tig3r06
                              Participant

So adorable!!!

StormDancer
                                Participant

He is adorable!

The biggest thing to dealing with dominant pup/dog is to not allow, from day one, the behaviors you don’t agree with. It is much easier to enforce the rules now than it will be once he is bigger.
                                  Puppy classes are a good way to get him used to other dogs at a young age and to teach him acceptable manners around other dogs. Then start a basic obedience class as early as possible too. This will start teaching him that even around distractions he still needs to pay attention to you first.
                                  If he isn’t going to be allowed on the furniture when he is full grown then don’t allow him on it while he is cute and cuddly. You sit on the floor and invite him into your space.
                                  If he nibbles firmly tell him no and get up and leave, ignore him as long as he isn’t doing something he shouldn’t be, for 15 minutes, then invite him back. As long as he behaves, he gets the attention he wants, bad behavior gets him ignored or put into whatever you deem his time out area.
                                  Teach him to sit before each meal, with pups this may only last a second or two but It’s a good start and each day you can ask for an extra second or two so he eventually learns sit isn’t just pop your butt on the ground then pop back up.
                                  If he is rough with your older dog then you need to step in and put YOUR limits of what is allowed or not, you as pack leader, can not leave that completely up to your older dog. You set the rules in the house. Teach him those from day one and you will have a lot less issues later.

I’ve always had big dominant dogs, so far this has always worked for me. But I am very consistent with what is or is not allowed. Mine are all house dogs so I do understand how hard that can be when they are so dang adorable!

I hope this helps!

Looking for:
                                  "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.