fbpx

Help me name our new pup…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Help me name our new pup…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

Hi guys! Now that the wedding is paid for, it’s time to exchange wedding gifts between the two of us. I, for example, received a gas powered pressure washer from my husband. Ummmmmmm … useful? Yes! Romantic? Not so much lol!! And…is it really for me though??????? 😀 So I thought, two can play this game…and I “bought him” a puppy lmao!!! I think I win!!

All kidding aside, we have been talking about getting another dog before our Dane got too old. Hank will be 9 in December but he still has some puppy in him and is very healthy. I feel he still has a few good years, despite being a large breed. The easy part was picking the puppy…the name is not coming as easily. We have gone through hundreds of names, but can’t really agree on anything. So I’m turning to the biggest group of animal lovers that I know of, for inspiration 🙂

I like Cooper, Otis, and Samson (we would call him Sam), but I stand alone…he likes Hoarley, but we already have a dog in the family named “Marley”, so I’m not crazy about it.

Do you guys have any ideas? He’s a blue merle Great Dane (I don’t know the colour of his eyes yet…they were only born about 20 days ago) He’s on the left in the first picture, and on top of his brother in the other. Of the blue merles in the litter, he is the darkest and has the wildest markings (one ear and one of his legs is all black). He was also the only one to stagger over to me. He stayed by my side for the whole visit.

Please help name our new little boy 🙂

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodine
      Participant

AwwwAren’t they precious😍
        “Hercules”
        CONGRATS on the new life.May it be filled with love,laughter,and prosperity😍
        pressure washer-puppy?You definetly won😂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

pipsxlch
        Participant

What brand is the pressure washer? You could poke by naming him Steel (Stihl), Kobalt (which you could blame on him being a blue merle)…
          We had an English Mastiff named Sarge. And I met a lovely boston Dane named Zeus.

Bodine
          Participant

“Merle”😁

etruscan
            Participant

Great minds think alike! Google says that these are the most popular brands of pressure washers:
              Karcher
              Honda
              Troy Bilt
              Generac
              Simpson
              Ryobi
              Craftsman
              DeWalt

Maybe you should name the new baby “Honda”, or “Simpson”.

Bodine
              Participant

lol I see where this is going😂

sherry10151982
                Participant

I like Merle because I like country music and Merle haggard was one of my favorite singers. Scout? Or Jett; Kingsley is cute and call him king for short or King Kong for a pet name when he’s especially goofy.

Natasha
                  Participant

Aw, he’s gorgeous! We have a new one coming in on Saturday, and I THINK we’ve settled on Rumple. Your little guy could have a nice Danish name like Alrik or Hansel or Viktor. Hamlet would be cute, too.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                    ANY Red Eyed Unis
                    ANY Test Paint Bat
                    UNIS:
                    The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                    Male- Snow Leopard TP
                    White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                    Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                    Mother: Okapi
                    Gothic - Mahogany
                    PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                    DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Angelika_Zen
                    Participant

Some really good ideas here guys…I’m going to run them by him tonight. I particularly like Kobalt.

Naming him after power tools made me laugh so loud, my co-worker next door came to make sure I was ok! lol

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Angelika_Zen
                      Participant

You guys are having a baby too?????? Awesome! What breed? Please post pics!!

Rumple as in “stilzchen” ?? It’s the first thing that came to my mind 🙂 and I love it!!!!
                        Oh, and I already ran “Viktor” and “Vlad” by the old man (yep, I’m already calling him that) and it was a “no-go”

I’m still working on it!

Melody
                        Keymaster

Merlin, but probably every blue merle is named that!

Natasha
                          Participant

Awwww, Vlad is awesome! Ours isn’t quite a baby – he’s about a year/year and a half. But he’s OUR new baby. Not exactly sure what he is, but our best guess is Schnauzer/Poodle mix, just like our current boy. He looks like a serial killer, but he’s very sweet, ha ha. I think it’s his little eyebrows. And yes! Rumple as in Rumplestilzchen!

pooch1-1

pooch2-1

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                            ANY Red Eyed Unis
                            ANY Test Paint Bat
                            UNIS:
                            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                            Male- Snow Leopard TP
                            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                            Mother: Okapi
                            Gothic - Mahogany
                            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Scathach
                            Participant

Omg! He’s wonderful!!

You’ve got good names to choose from.

Life is beautiful.

sherry10151982
                              Participant

Or Hank the tank? Brutus like in Hamlet? Linus is cute too.

Angelika_Zen
                                Participant

That’s too funny Sherry, our soon to be 9 year old Dane is named Hank 🙂 My dad calls him Hank the tank lol!!

Natasha, your fur babies are too friggin cute!! Look at those faces! I just want to squeeze them!!! You look like such a proud Mamma. Congrats on your newest family member.

As a joke, Dave recommended Howie, and my mind went straight to Captain Howie! lol “Hank and Howie” 😀 and now I kinda like it. He doesn’t look like a “Howie” though. He looks more like an old man. Mind you, Captain Howie WAS old (Old AND dead) All the pups have smooth snouts, but my guy is all wrinkly. The breeder thinks he’s going to have a big head (I don’t know anything about that though) Brutus is fitting but Dave doesn’t like it either. Merlin is a nice name for a blue merle. It hadn’t even crossed my mind. Probably because the dog in the family named “Marley” has the nickname “Merlin”, but I call him “Brandon Marlow”.

I am hoping the breeder will have me over for another visit in about a week. Something might click then.

Thanks for all the ideas 🙂 And thank you Natasha, for sharing pics of your fur babies.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.