HELP FAQ: Trouble logging in? Password/icon/email update trouble? Trouble with posts? etc….

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback HELP FAQ: Trouble logging in? Password/icon/email update trouble? Trouble with posts? etc….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

I cannot log in! Help!

There have been a few glitches with our site. A recent update did goof things up a little and it ‘forgot’ some people’s passwords. If you are logging in and it tells you that your password is invalid, you may need to request a change of passwords. Follow the instructions, then you can change your password back to whatever you’d like.
      If this does NOT work or if you receive an error that says that there is already an account with your email address, please see the next question for help!

However, if you are trying to log in for the first time since we changed to the new site, try the following first:
      If you are logging in with an account from our previous site, this is what you should do: – Use your blog account login, if you had one

– Use your forum account login, if you did not have a blog account

– Use your store account login, if you had neither of the above account types

If you are unable to log in at all after trying these things, please email me with the exact error message you are getting and your username. We’ll find what’s wrong and fix it!

My email:

When I try to log in/ change my password / change my avatar(icon)/ etc, it tells me:
      “you already have an account with that email”.
      Explanation:
      This is a known problem. It was caused when the new website merged all of the accounts from the old site. On our old site, there were separate accounts for the forum, the blog and the store. This new site merged them and confused itself pretty badly! The new site uses your email address as your identifier, therefore if you had more than one account on the old site with the same email address, now the site thinks that you have multiple accounts.

How to fix it:
      You cannot change your information if you have more than one account (if you get this error the website THINKS you have more than one account!). In this case, please email me with the following information: The username of the account you want to KEEP, and your email address that you use for that account. I will then go in and delete any other accounts with that email address manually for you.
      Warning: Any account that I delete cannot be recovered and any posts you made with that account will then be attributed to “Anonymous”.

My email:

My avatar / icon from the old forum is missing!

Avatars were not imported over from the old forum. You are welcome to upload a new one. At the top of the screen, go to “My Account”, Click the “Edit” tab and then upload a new image in the “Picture” area. Notice that avatars can be larger file size now, for those that had problems with the old system!

Images are cut off on the forum and/or the galleries!!

This is because of the formatting. We are at a fixed width. If you don’t want your photos to cut off, please consider making them no more than 600 pixels wide.
      If you want to see a photo that has been cut off, try the following:
      In Firefox, Right Click the image. Then select “View Image”. This will show you the whole image. You can click ‘back’ on your browser to get back to the page you were on.
      In Internet Explorer: It appears that Internet Explorer does not support this, sadly.

Some of the old posts (from before March 2011) are seriously wacky! Crazy fonts or missing most of the posts!

This is a known problem. When we imported the old forum over to this totally new software, it freaked out on the old BBC code (the code we used with [ brackets ] such as [img] and such). It just made it all crazy. Clay, our great computer guy, knows about this issue. For now please either ignore it or weed through it. Only posts from the OLD forum (before March 17th, 2011) should have this problem. Sorry!!

I am having trouble posting photos, or links, or doing text effects on this forum.

One of our users, Hannah, has put together a really useful guide for how to post things like photos on the forum!
      Check it out here by clicking this link!

Thank you, Hannah!!

How do I view my private messages? How do I write a new one?

At the top of your screen, you will see a link called “My Account”. Click it.
      Under “The Art of M. Peña” you will see a list of links, and below that it will say “PRIVATE MESSAGES”. Here you can select “WRITE NEW MESSAGE” or “MESSAGES” (which will show you any messages you have).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.