Hello From A Windstone Newcomer

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Hello From A Windstone Newcomer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Davis
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’m Jeff and I’m helping out over at Windstone part-time. I figured I’d stop by and say hi! I’ve been a fan of Windstone from back in the Dancing Dragon catalogs in the early 90’s.

When I’m not helping out, I’m a part-time writer and avid role-player. I also enjoy the usual quiet things like reading, hiking through the Oregon forests and wrestling with my Blue Heeler/Border Collie, Indiana Jones (Indy for short). Most recently, I’ve been getting into podcasts on a regular basis. They’ve been fun to listen to while I work out, hike or sometimes as company while I’m dealing with things around the house. I figured I could break the ice by asking if anyone has any favorite podcasts or shows they might recommend? Most of the ones I’ve listened to are slice of life or comedy podcasts, but I’m open to exploring new genres.

Glad to be here!

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Hey Jeff! Welcome to the WS Looney Bin where Everyone is Crazy for Windstones!
        I think most everyone here would KILL to help out at the Factory and see all the wonderful Eye Candy and the great folks too – I wish I lived closer 😉 What do you help out with? Shipping with Ms. Susie or do you work somewhere else in the Factory?

I don’t listen to podcasts but I bet someone here does and can give you some suggestions. I like to write too but mainly stuff for myself. I’ve been writing a FanFic here and there that I started in 2010… of course I go months and months sometimes in between writing, but it’s only for me anyway, and handwriting in journals is calming for me. I also like to hike and read, and my husband and I fish, go crabbing and hunting – mainly for Whitetail Deer but I’d like to get back into Squirrel hunting too. We got some Henry .22 Rifles last year for that reason. I also love to paint Windstone PYO’s and do mixed media crafts, however with work (at home and my career) I don’t usually have that much extra time to do a lot of stuff I would love to do. Maybe after I’m retired in a few years….

Anywho – Glad you are here too!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
        Blocked

Hi Jeff!  Do you own any Windstones yourself and how did you end up working with Windstone?  That’s very cool!  I love border Collies as well.  I’ve had a few over the years and want to get another one in the future.  I don’t listen to podcasts either so sorry I am not much help with that but welcome anyway!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

StormDancer
          Participant

Welcome Jeff!

I don’t even know what a podcast is so I cant help you out any there. But I wish you all the best at Windstone and here in the forums!

Looking for:
            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

LZ
            Participant

I don’t listen to podcasts yet, as I haven’t figured out how to stick stuff on my iPod (it’s old and something’s wrong wth it), but I do run comedy playlists on youtube when I am painting. Right now I am listening to Comedy Central’s “This is Not Happening.” It’s story style stand-up. The comedian tells only one long story. Some of the comedians are not that great, but some are fantastic and I admire how those ones are crafted. It’s similar to The Moth Radio Hour, which I just looked up also releases as a podcast, but more raunchy. I do enjoy The Moth too.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Landipan
              Participant

Hi and Welcome Jeff!! That’s so awesome that you work for Windstone, Seems like a fun job! I don’t listen to podcasts myself, I’m more of a TV show gal, I binge watch all kinds of shows on Netflix while I paint and draw.

*Formerly meowmix101
                Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Jeff Davis
                Keymaster

Thanks for the welcome! I’m just helping out with some computer stuff. I was working for another local company doing eCommerce stuff and Windstone was looking for a part-timer to help out. I’m helping them dip their toe into a few other places like Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/handmade/Windstone-Editions) to help get the word out to other people about just how awesome their stuff is.

I have not gotten a figurine myself yet. It’s only been a couple of weeks so far and I’m trying to not simply spend the whole paycheck every time I have to head into the factory area! I am certainly eyeing a few.

I’d brought up podcasts since it was something I picked up as a background noise for when I’m doing chores around the house or on long drives. They’re pretty much a modern take on radio shows, but less of the morning shock jock type and more of the interview and casual conversation type. You can download them and listen to them on a phone or computer, so it’s portable and much less prone to crackling if you head into a rural area. Guess they aren’t quite as ubiquitous as I thought. 😀

Sounds like there are quite a few artists here as well. Do you all limit your expression to figurines or do you do paintings, drawings, etc? I’ve done a few Bob Ross landscapes with a friend of mine before she moved away and I keep meaning to get back into it.

etruscan
                  Participant

Welcome.  Re the podcasts: You have to realize that quite a few of us are the baby boomer generation!  There are some computer whizzes here, and many who are younger generations and/or are more comfortable with technology, but some of us have trouble whenever the Forum changes formats.

etruscan
                    Participant

P.S.  I wasn’t trying to insult, denigrate, or stereotype anyone – simply explain why this probably isn’t a good platform for discussing podcasts!

Jeff Davis
                      Keymaster

Fair enough. That’s why I thought it best to start here and get to know some people. 😀

P.S. I’m not insulted. I know there’s plenty of stuff I’m interested in that makes people yawn. Even the ones who are the same age as me. 😀

Landipan
                        Participant

I followed along with a Bob Ross video a couple years, it didn’t come out how I wanted but it was still enjoyable! I may try landscape painting again at some point. In most recent years tho I’ve been mostly into painting figures such as Windstone PYOs. I think my next artistic challenge I’d like to tackle would be sewing and making plushies, maybe also learning to sculpt my own fantasy creatures to paint, so much I’d like to try and do!

*Formerly meowmix101

Jeff Davis
                          Keymaster

Sewing can be very fun. I’ve done some projects myself and took a theatrical costume class in college. I keep meaning to get back into it but I always forget how to thread my machine!

It does seem like there’s not enough time in the day to do it all but I still want to do more.

Bodine
                            Participant

Hi Jeff,Welcome and it is awesome you work there.I would be a happy camper if I did.

No podcasts for me,sorry.I do not spend much time online.Mainly just here.My Jeff/Bodinetoo,is a computer nerd though.He spends all of his spare time on it.His favorite is”Weird Ass News” w/Jonsie.

I paint anything I can get my hands on.

I have 4Rat Terrors,a new German Shepherd puppy,3 cats and 18fish. Most of my time is surrounded around them and of course my Windstone collecting and Windstone friends.

Hope you come around more and join us for some fun.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Landipan
                              Participant

It certainly looks like it’d be fun, of course I’d need to learn how to work a sewing machine before getting to the fun part xD. I want to take some beginners classes one of these days, maybe 2019 will be my year for learning to sew!

*Formerly meowmix101

Bodine
                                Participant

Sewing is easy.With the patterns and gadgets they have out today ought to make it easier and more fun.Something satisfying when you slip on an outfit you created not to mention crafty ideas.Just another form of art.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.