"Heavy Gold" White dragons?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone "Heavy Gold" White dragons?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
      Participant

I’ve heard the occasional reference to White dragons that are “heavy gold” (or “lots of gold” or some similar phrase) and wondered if anyone here can enlighten me.

It sounds like these must be Whites with extra gold shading and/or interference; and I *think* I may actually have one, but I’m not sure how this variation usually manifests.

Does anyone out there collect these, or have both kinds? Could you please post pictures so I can figure out what exactly this variant looks like?

Thanks so much!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Pegasi1978
        Participant

D’Oh! There’s someone here who had a “heavy gold” white emperor dragon…SPark I think. I saw it when going though the show your collection threads collecting pictures for the online database. I deleted it from my computer this afternoon wouldn’t you know. I’ll see if I can find the picture of it.

Found it here!

SPark wrote:

My newest addition arrived today! In one piece even! I was so worried, but he was packed like nothing else. Foam wrap, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, double boxed in more packing peanuts, everything.

And WOW he is dark! He’s the darkest white dragon I have ever seen! I put my white fledgling next to him for the photos. There’s almost no actual white on him, he’s entirely coated in the pale gold accent color! It’s really weird. As far as I can tell he’s not discolored (he certainly doesn’t smell of smoke or anything) he just seems to have been painted that color.

Stephanie
          Participant

Oh wow, I didn’t expect it to be that extreme. That’s really interesting!

Very neat!

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Yep he’s an odd one. I considered using his picture for the white emperor, but decided against it since he doesn’t look like the typical white emperor. There was also an atypical Brown Emperor that I chose not to use. He had heavy gold interference on the sides rather than the more typical purple interference the Brown Emps had. Don’t ask me to find that one as I don’t remember the forum member who owns him. They don’t post often and haven’t posted in a while.

lamortefille
              Participant

My male white is also heavy on the gold shading….

Travistie
                Participant

Dang! 😯 That Emperor is YELLOW!

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Here’s the oddball brown emperor. I didn’t delete the picture yet so I uploaded it to my photobucket.

Stephanie
                    Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Here’s the oddball brown emperor. I didn’t delete the picture yet so I uploaded it to my photobucket.

😯 Wow, he’s amazing!

ohh i love the oddball brown emperor” he is beautiful!

kitsunelady
                      Participant

I agree, that oddball is definitely a GOOD oddball. =0

purpledragonclaw
                        Participant

kitsunelady wrote:

I agree, that oddball is definitely a GOOD oddball. =0

It is nice, we should call it a GOODBALL!! 😆

Leigha
                          Participant

my white hatching empress has the heavy gold shading too, but I don’t have a full picture of her right now and she’s boxed up.

Here’s a picture of her head (her poor eyelid 🙁 she’s going to doctor kyrin when I stop spending my money every paycheck…-.-)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.