Has Windstone ever thought about selling boxes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Has Windstone ever thought about selling boxes?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Amber
    Participant

This may be completely stupid, but I was wondering if Windstone ever thought about selling empty boxes for their sculpts, especially the ones with special inserts.

I always see people looking for boxes, and I know I have bought pieces second-hand that came without them. I’d like good Windstone boxes to store or ship pieces in if I move or re-sell.

It may be more work than it’s worth, but I thought it might be a little extra revenue stream.

pipsxlch
      Participant

I believe this was broached years ago, and the answer is ‘no’ as it would make it that much easier for people to pass off fakes as real Windstones.

Susie
        Keymaster

I’m sorry, it is Windstone company policy not to provide replacement boxes or the inserts that go in them. We have several good reasons for it and I don’t think it will change any time soon.

Kiya
          Participant

You CAN, however, get a lot of good tips on how to safely pack your Windstones even for long moves or shipments! 🙂 I’ve sent a sun dragon as far as England without his original box and not had a problem following tips from other members.

Susie
            Keymaster

Good point Kiya! There is packing info in the Frequently Asked Questions http://windstoneeditions.com/frequently-asked-questions#pack that includes a link to a detailed guide on a collector’s website.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.