Harry Dresden's Mouse?

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Harry Dresden's Mouse?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rock-reader
    Participant

One of my favorite characters in Jim Butcher’s Harry Dresden Files is Harry’s Foo Dog, Mouse. Today, a news article talks about a Tibetan masstif puppy that sold for $1.9 million. Do you think that this ia a picture of Mouse (except for the color – Mouse is grey)?

Dandr13
      Participant

I never pictured Mouse as being quite that furry – more of a short hair. But the size sure looks about right 😛 (I love him and Mister)

chibishiro12
        Participant

I love the Harry Dresden books. I am eagerly waiting for the next one that’s coming out in the end of May.

I never imagined Mouse with that much fur either, especially on his face. Though I think that I imagined him a little bigger than the dogs in the picture, though it would be easier to tell if I knew the height of the man and he was standing up. 🙂

But dang, that is one expensive dog.

Looking for-
          red fire young dragon
          old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Falcolf
          Participant

I believe that they are considered status symbols in China which is why they are so expensive.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

I can talk TM’s all day long
            Tm’s are not that popular because they are not the breed for everyone or the faint of heart. They need strong leadership, firm but fair and still are not terribly keen on working with their people. Can they be trained? You bet they can, but it takes some very creative and different approaches to get them to do what you are asking. They know what you want, but if they don’t “feel like doing it” they’re not going to. This gets frustrating beyond belief trust me I have 3. However, each dog has their own “triggers” for which they will work and most days you can get them doing what you are asking if you have patience.
            If not properly socialized ( and sometimes regardless of how much socialization you give them) they are not the best with people outside of their family. I have spent countless hours socializing all my TM’s and while they are accepting of properly introduced new comers they are not left unattended around them. If you have children they are amazing with them, however as your children age and their friends come and go, this will cause problems with your TM as they will guard what is theirs and sometimes fiercely. Extra care is needed with containment of a TM, they can jump like it is no ones buisness and they will dig through just about anything. Fencing a TM is not just your regular chain link either, mine are fenced in with welded wire an even still they have taken the gate right off by running into it to get out.
            A TM can never be left loose unattended, they are stubborn and free thinkers and will wander off and create their own territory to guard.
            I do a LOT of work with mine and e collar training to ensure a solid recall, but with these guys you can’t rely on just one training technique so back up plans are needed. A TM who is going after something it sees as a threat will NOT stop
            Another reason they are not all that popular is they are nocturnal barkers and will drive anyone crazy with it. They do not bark if in the house unless needed but if outside they are “on guard” at all times.
            THings that trigger my dogs to bark here are as small as, change in barometric pressure, change in wind direction, falling leaves, trespassing butterflies ect. A humorous way to say they would bark ALL DAY ALL NIGHT with out serious training, and even after 3 years with Karma, she still will bark for “nothing” but atleast we have worked out a temporary off switch.

Also, TM’s are not really “giant” breeds, you have to watch what breeders are breeding what. Some breeders have oversized “Tsang Khyi” type dogs ( as my Male is) and most breeders have smaller Do Khyi types ( my females although they do have Tsang Khyi type dogs in their pedigree)
            Breed standard for them is not that tall or heavy but, breeders who are breeding solely for show ( which is most because they are not great at any dog sports and serious sporting folk will go with breeds to win) are starting to exaggerate certain aspects while important things such as movement are suffering. These are mountain dogs and I would prefer my dogs to be able to move effortlessly than breed solely for something such as coat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.