Happy to be a part of the Community!

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Happy to be a part of the Community!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Matty
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I thought for my first post, it would be polite to introduce myself. I love Unicorns and Dragons and they have been a big part of my life growing up.

When I was not even a teenager I fell in love with another series of dragons, called Krystonians. I would save up my allowance money to go to the store and buy my favorite one. At Christmas, the family Dog who happened to be an amazing shopper, left me some of the more pricey pieces as a presents. My mom kept good care of my collection when I moved out.. and last year sadly she passed away. My collection has come back to me now, and I have them lovingly displayed here in my new Condo I bought for myself.

I was watching a movie just a few days ago, a foreign fantasy movie on Netflix.. and in it there was a Kirin. I had not really paid attention to them, and looked them up online. One thing lead to another.. and here I am after discovering the Windstone Kirins. They are so beautiful!

Seeing all the beautiful creatures that are from Windstone brought me comfort.. and seeing everyones collections and PYOs inspired me to join the forum as well. I love to paint in water color.. and sketch, and I would enjoy reading more of Reptangle! I read the one part here on the site.

I just ordered my first two Windstones from the online store… I ordered a Violet Flame Mini Secret Keeper.. which I am so excited to meet when he arrives in the mail. I don’t see to many people talking about them on the forum.. I think the mini secret keepers are wonderful looking smaller versions of their larger cousins.. perfect for small spaces.. or perfect for soon to be growing collections. I hope to meet more collectors that have some. I missed out on the grab bag series.. a few years back lol… hopefully one is coming again soon! I also ordered a grab bag of the tadpoads that are still available. I like that they are a mystery until you open them!

I will keep this short.. but Hello again everyone! Looking forward to getting to know the collectors on here.. and learning about the world that is Windstone!

Oh..I would so adopt a Windstone Sloat if they ever get made!
      Matty

Celestial Rainstorm
      Participant

Welcome, welcome! We’re so happy to have you! (And, if I may, excellent choice on your first piece! I’m notorious for adoring the Mini Keepers!)

Finding happiness again.

Bodine
        Participant

Hello and WELCOME!!

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Ela_Hara
          Participant

Welcome! ๐Ÿ˜€
            Grab Bags of all types are really cool! Hopefully you’ll get your wish and another Grab Bag Mini Keeper batch will be done in the future. Also check the classifieds or eBay too – past Grab Bags show up from time to time. That’s how I got my Grail GB Mini Keeper! ๐Ÿ˜€

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
            Participant

Welcome. ๐Ÿ™‚

If Poads appeal to you there is a Grab Bag on the horizon – young Poads in Autumn Leaf and silhouette patterns, probably this week. Of course, that’s what we said last week … Keep an eye on the site and be sure to sign up for store notifications!

Dragoneer_88
              Participant

Welcome to the forum and your new addiction. ๐Ÿ˜›

It’s been said Windstones are like potato chips. One is not enough.

StormDancer
                Participant

Welcome! Have a fantastic time here!

Looking for:
                  "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Angelika_Zen
                  Participant

Welcome to the forum!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Melody
                    Keymaster

Welcome Matty!!

Jasmine
                      Participant

Hello and welcome! The Violet Flame Mini is an excellent choice of first dragon. Which Netflix movie had a Kirin in it, I wonder? o: I have to second the Sloat sentiment. I’m a fan of all things with adorable snoots; anteaters and tapirs and little shrews. <3 I enjoyed reading The Veligent posted here as well. There are already a few pages of Rue Day on Melody’s DA:
                        http://reptangle.deviantart.com/art/Page-1-of-Rue-Day-638046195

Matty
                        Participant

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes!

I am glad to see that a few of you also collect the Mini Secret Keepers. I am excited like I said to meet mine in person when he makes the journey to me. To answer your question Jasmine.. the movie I saw on Netflix is called Snow Girl and the Dark Crystal. I will be honest and say it was not my favorite movie. The Kirin appears near the middle of the movie is protecting the dark crystal. He kicks some serious Demon butt! I would say the Kirin for me was the only best part of the movie.

I wonder to.. what is the back story of the Secret Keepers? Are they keeping secrets about something? Are they good at keeping secrets? lol

Kim
                          Blocked

Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear about your mom. Congrats on finding this website though and getting your first Windstones. How old are you and where are you from? I like kirins too. I originally collected Hamilton Unicorn figurines and used to love seeing Windstone dragons in stores probably like 20 years years now when I was in Junior High. I loved the colours on the dragons and got a peacock fledgling dragon eventually. I always wanted a rainbow one too but never got more until I found some on ebay and then found this website a few years ago. Now I have Windstone dragons, unicorns, kirins, griffins, pegasi, poads and pebbles. Do you have any other favourite pieces you would love to get next? As said above, grab bag poads should be coming out any day if you keep a look out on here. I have a few mini keepers myself that I love. I think the secret of the secret keepers is the gem they are clutching in their hand.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Falcolf
                            Participant

Hi Matty, welcome to the forum!

I have to say that’s the first time that I have ever heard of a kirin being used in a movie, so that’s pretty neat. I’m not sure what the story is with the Secret Keepers, but they’re awesome.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Matty
                              Participant

I think the Secret Keepers know things like.. how it is that Santa can deliver presents all over the world in less than a day.. and how the Caramel is put inside the those Cadbury Caramel bars lol!

Matty
                                Participant

Thank you again everyone for the continued warm welcomes

To answer your questions Kim..

I am from BC Canada. I am near Historic Fort Langley.Fort Langley is old.. like Salem old… with a lot of historic churches, and buildings… and of course the huge yellow Town Hall that appears in a ton of movies. They do a lot of filming there such as Supernatural and Once apon a Time. My area has a lot of nature trails filled with streams and large trees. Right now the leafy trees are all ablaze with firey reds, yellows and oranges for fall. A few trees are already bare! We have a lot of evergreen trees here to. The salmon babies in the spring travel along the streams and it is always a joy to see them.

I think you and I are close in age. I just turned 40.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.