Greetings! and PYO Question? :)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Greetings! and PYO Question? :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Silver Fox 77
    Participant

Hello all! (I hope I’m posting this in the right section of the forum)

I have been around the site for about 7 months now? and so I guess it’s about time to introduce myself and ask a question about my first PYO Keeper!

My name is Sarah, My birthday is April 16th 1993 and I found my first Windstone Edition over 5 years ago at an antiques mall.

It was a Ruby Fledge that was, and still is in MINT condition! I was amazed at how beautiful this little dragon was and I thought that because he was with a bunch of antiques that they were very hard to come by and that I would never see another one like it ever again, so I begged my mother to buy him for me and promised her I would pay it off over time. After carrying the little beauty around the store, scared to death my mother would say no to getting him she FINALLY gave in and I got to bring him home!

He didn’t come with a box but he did have a very old bent up tag and of course the pad with the Windstone logo on the bottom. I never really thought about it until like 4 YEARS LATER! that I could look online and see if there were more of these little treasures, and then I found WindstoneEditions and I new then that there was no going back… I would soon HAVE to become a collector!

As of now I have the Ruby Fledge and a blank PYO Keeper that I got for
      Christmas, So far I’ve gotten the Dupli.color CLear Effex spray and I have a color scheme in mind for him. I did a practice paint on this weird pyo snowman thing that we had sitting in our basement for who knows how long… and today I tested the spray I got and it work’s GREAT!

So my question is when I paint my dragon and spray him afterwords with the Clear Effex do I need to spray him again with a clear finish of some sort to protect the paint job?

Thank’s for your time if you read this!
      πŸ™‚

Rachel
      Participant

Congrats on the beginnings of a collection.

To answer your question…I don’t know. Hopefully someone has some experience with that particular product.

Stephanie
        Participant

From my understanding the clear Effex is a top coat anyways so adding a clear coat shouldn’t be needed. I am sure if I am not correct on this someone will come along and correct me. πŸ˜‰

Have a BLAST painting your Keeper…. collecting Windstones is addictive and painting them is also VERY VERY addictive!!!!!!! πŸ˜‰

Grayfire_artz
          Participant

Hello all! (I hope I’m posting this in the right section of the forum)

I have been around the site for about 7 months now? and so I guess it’s about time to introduce myself and ask a question about my first PYO Keeper!

My name is Sarah, My birthday is April 16th 1993 and I found my first Windstone Edition over 5 years ago at an antiques mall.

It was a Ruby Fledge that was, and still is in MINT condition! I was amazed at how beautiful this little dragon was and I thought that because he was with a bunch of antiques that they were very hard to come by and that I would never see another one like it ever again, so I begged my mother to buy him for me and promised her I would pay it off over time. After carrying the little beauty around the store, scared to death my mother would say no to getting him she FINALLY gave in and I got to bring him home!

He didn’t come with a box but he did have a very old bent up tag and of course the pad with the Windstone logo on the bottom. I never really thought about it until like 4 YEARS LATER! that I could look online and see if there were more of these little treasures, and then I found WindstoneEditions and I new then that there was no going back… I would soon HAVE to become a collector!

As of now I have the Ruby Fledge and a blank PYO Keeper that I got for
            Christmas, So far I’ve gotten the Dupli.color CLear Effex spray and I have a color scheme in mind for him. I did a practice paint on this weird pyo snowman thing that we had sitting in our basement for who knows how long… and today I tested the spray I got and it work’s GREAT!

So my question is when I paint my dragon and spray him afterwords with the Clear Effex do I need to spray him again with a clear finish of some sort to protect the paint job?

Thank’s for your time if you read this!
            πŸ™‚

the clear effex comes out thick so what I like to do is dust my sculpt or quickly spray it with the effex spray and then go over it with a clear coat so the coating looks uniform :3

Welcome to the forum πŸ˜€

Welcome to the Windstone Nut House! πŸ™‚ I do not have any info on this product but wanted to give you a warm welcome!

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I use gare acrylic spray as a topcoat (either matte or gloss depeniding on the personal preferance) but I generally do use some sort of top coat on the clear effects once it has dried, but I don’t think it is absolutely necessary. You can do it either way really, I just prefer the extra gloss and extra protection.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Silver Fox 77
              Participant

Thank you all for the warm welcome and suggestions for my PYO!

Sorry for the late response, I’ve been away for the weekend.

I have to say this has got to be the one of the BEST online community’s I have ever seen, and I am glad to be a part of it! πŸ˜€

Thanks again!
                <3

Misty
                Participant

Hello! And welcome! :bigsmile:

Grayfire_artz
                  Participant

Thank you all for the warm welcome and suggestions for my PYO!

Sorry for the late response, I’ve been away for the weekend.

I have to say this has got to be the one of the BEST online community’s I have ever seen, and I am glad to be a part of it! πŸ˜€

Thanks again!
                    <3

Yaaay πŸ˜€
                    I can’t wait to see what you paint:3

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.