Great Windstone experiences?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Great Windstone experiences?

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by Bob.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Megan
    Participant

Megan
      Participant

I just had one, and got motivated to share — especially since we all seem to have had run-ins with sellers and situations that are, shall we say, not quite the most pleasant to deal with. Here is something on a positive note. Has there been a time when a seller — on eBay or Craigslist, in a store or right here on the forum — went above and beyond your expectations? Did a transaction get you even more than was promised? Were you so happy and/or satisfied with what happened that you just wanted to sing and dance? Share it here!

My recent experience: Last week I found an old dark peacock emperor in a hidden eBay auction, for a terrifically low price. The seller was brand new to eBay and had zero feedback so far, but I decided to take a chance. I am so glad I did! The seller was happy to look at the Windstone packing tutorial, and followed it to a T. He bubble wrapped and double boxed this dragon like a veteran Windstone packer, and the emp arrived on my doorstep less than a week after the auction ended without a scratch. Quite possibly the nicest experience with a non-forum-member eBay seller I have ever had πŸ™‚

Now let’s hear some other Windstone stories with happy endings!

It was a little over a year ago and I just happened to look at the windstone website and see that there were other griffins! I have had the brown and black griffins for years.
        I went on ebay and saw that the Male and female white griffins were up! I won them and talked to the seller who happened to be Frozendragon πŸ™‚ I wanted the chicks to go with them and he pointed me to the forums here. So i posted and mmloda helped me get the chicks!
        So thats how I found these forums and all you nice people! oh and became obsessed with all things windstone!
        πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

kitsunelady
        Participant

Well…I bought an oriental off ebay once. From someone here in the forum, actually! Anyways, it turned out it had only been listed out of anger at the person who sold it to her and did her wrong…and she actually ended up having to return it to them, so I couldn’t have it. D: But after returning my money, she gave me (for the cost of shipping) a broken emerald Sun Dragon instead for me to practice my ‘fixing’ skills (or lack thereof) on. =D

I’ve honestly had mostly great experiences with my Ebay purchases. (As far as Windstones go) πŸ˜€ Especially when I bought my Peacock Orientals. That seller was super communicative and packed the dragons so they would go unbroken through the end of the World. 8) I’ve had sellers send me thank you notes, I’ve had sellers work really well with me during Best Offer auctions. I think I’ve only had two people ship me Windstones that weren’t packaged properly, and they came through unharmed. I’ve been really lucky.

Maria
          Participant

All my experiences have been good except for one seller who ignored my packing request. But at least he refunded the full sum for the broken Unicorn Gargoyle, and I was able to keep the gargoyle and fix it up.
            My best buys were probably the Spring Green and Cinnamon Risers. Still love them to bits. πŸ˜€

Bob

Well mine is a Windstone DIRECT experience and because of Karen and Susie. WAY back when I was just a little curious man looking at the BEST Dragons I had EVER seen I was trying to complete my Brown collection Windstone decided to retire them before I could get my Emperor. I got their phone number and they told me about a Brown Emperor with a friend of theirs, then the same retired thing happened when I was trying to get my Green Emperor and they faxed me the list of dealers in No Ca and the last Bay Area dealer I called on the list had my Green Emperor. I got both of them at the original retail price even though they had been retired a couple weeks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.