gold dragons on ebay?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone gold dragons on ebay?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Grayfire_artz
    Participant
      Wampus Dragon
      Participant

They are actually white/pearl dragons. Heavy on the champagne color. Some were like this.

Grayfire_artz
        Participant

They are actually white/pearl dragons. Heavy on the champagne color. Some were like this.

aha thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

Leigha
          Participant

It could also be that they were/are in a smoking household. The white dragons turn that shade of yellow/gold when they’ve been exposed to that.

Scathach
            Participant

Yes, they look champagny to me too, but it could also be a bad photo. Some of the colour reproductions on ebay are pretty bad. Good price for the coiled mom, though.

Life is beautiful.

fatalbeauty
              Participant

they seem like from a smoker home….I just got a unicorn that is roughly that color and stinks….

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin โ€“ Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Zelda
                Participant

I have a mother dragon just like the one listed, as well as a hatcher that is halfway between this heavy gold and the normal white. The mother’s finish has a lot of crazing on it in places, but I don’t know whether that’s due to smoke exposure, other treatment by its former owner, or the way the factory finish has aged.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

aha thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

The big clue to the true color is the eye and gem color. The gold dragons have red eyes and red jewels, the whites had straw yellow eyes and “white” jewels.

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

For whatever it’s worth, I had a white young dragon that was never around smokers and it still was this color… so I think sometimes they just ‘change’ or had too much champagne color added?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Ann

I bought the ki-rins from that seller and they said that none of the windstones have been around smokers. It’s probably a combination of aging and photography.

Zelda
                        Participant

Well I hope whoever won that lovely emperor enjoys the big fella (or contacts me if they have buyers remorse! :)). I hoped to give him a good home but lost out at the last minute. All’s fair in love and Ebay, heh!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Well I know from my time working in a bridal shop that most white items begin to start a yellowing process after 3 years. Depending on the composition of the object, it can progress more quickly or more slowly. That is why the process of having a wedding dress “preserved” is so costly. From an earlier stint, when I was in college, I also remember several “preserved” wedding dresses that were left at the cleaners. Either it cost too much to get them back or the marriages were over before the preserving got done! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.