Give me your tired, your poor, your damaged Windstones…

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Give me your tired, your poor, your damaged Windstones…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Zelda
    Participant

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Zelda
      Participant

… yearning to be fixed up! πŸ˜‰

I’d love to expand my collection, and I drool over the stuff that goes up on eBay. Student loans keep most of that out of my budget range though! So I thought I’d throw out a line to anyone who’s got any damaged pieces that they’d be willing to sell. I like to dabble in sculpture and painting, and found that I had a bit of a knack for fixing Windstone pieces after I had to do it for a lovely few dragons I won online, and got them smashed in the mail. πŸ™ I enjoyed the challenge, so I wouldn’t turn down something that people would consider unsalvagable.

So if you’ve got damaged pieces and would like to pad your fund for something new, please drop me a line!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Oh, too bad. I had a male and female unicorn that were smashed. Actually mainly the manes were broken. I gave up on them and threw them out. I didn’t think anyone would want to piece together a thousand pieces to fix them up. The rest I’ve fixed myself except for a frog prince but, the toe isn’t that bad off.

Zelda
        Participant

Aw, what a shame! Well, the way I see it is that someone (or many someones) already put so much work into making the piece, it’s a shame to just throw it out. Several years ago I was browsing in a gift shop that happened to sell Windstones, and noticed a baby peacock oriental dragon in a box full of garbage. It had a clean break along the base of the tail, nothing more. They refused to sell it to me, saying that all broken merchandise ‘had’ to be thrown out.

From a hardcore collector’s standpoint, it is always nice to have mint pieces. But I don’t think repairs take away too much from the beauty of something made well. Damage sometimes has a neat history to it too, like the fire-burnt dragons posted on the livejournal community a while back.

Oh well, I ramble. Off to bed!

Maria
          Participant

Throw away Windstones? I don’t think I’d dare.

WolfenMachine
            Participant

Ya, I would have convienantly snatched it when no one was looking. After all, it is “trash” to them!

Yes, damage is okay with me as long as I know the story. I got 2 green males, a green mother and hatchling off ebay, and they were chipped in small places because they were thrown from the mantle in the (if I remember correctly) San Francisco Earthquake of 1983. I traded one of the male dragons away to someone here, and it was hard to let him go, even though I had two, just because I knew his story. There’s a mother dragon on Ebay and the seller calls her “Delilah” and talks about her as if she’s a pet. I’m tempted to bid so bad…I need the mother, and I’d love to get her from someone who loved her so much. I’d keep her same name too πŸ™‚ But unfortunatly, I still need the family in Rainbow, and a few peacocks. πŸ™

WolfenMachine wrote:

Ya, I would have convienantly snatched it when no one was looking. After all, it is “trash” to them!

Yes, damage is okay with me as long as I know the story. I got 2 green males, a green mother and hatchling off ebay, and they were chipped in small places because they were thrown from the mantle in the (if I remember correctly) San Francisco Earthquake of 1983. I traded one of the male dragons away to someone here, and it was hard to let him go, even though I had two, just because I knew his story. There’s a mother dragon on Ebay and the seller calls her “Delilah” and talks about her as if she’s a pet. I’m tempted to bid so bad…I need the mother, and I’d love to get her from someone who loved her so much. I’d keep her same name too πŸ™‚ But unfortunatly, I still need the family in Rainbow, and a few peacocks. πŸ™

I saw that auction and I LOVE how intense her colors are! She did seem very well loved.

Well they were broken so badly. It’s too bad I didn’t keep a picture of the damage, but they were literally in hundreds of tiny little bits. Most so small there was no chance of putting them back together. I can fix just about everything….but, after trying for about 2 years to piece them together just for it to fall apart again. Well, I gave up. At the time there were no Windstone forums, and I didn’t think that I’d even be able to give them away. I cried for a few weeks after. I was honestly upset, but they had so many negative conections for me that getting rid of them was the best thing for me at that time.

Patricia
              Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

Ha ha, that was me I have the other green. Right now he is watching over my computer desk at home. πŸ™‚

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Instant Karma
                Participant

I actually have a male oriental dragon that I, for some strange odd reason, lacking in any type of painting skill, bought thinking I could mess around and fix him up.

His neck is completely broken along with a few dings here and there. He literally would be shipped to you in two pieces LOL. I could send you a photo!

I bought him for $40 plus shipping off of Ebay, so anything I can get for him to recoup some of my cost would be wonderful.

Maria
                  Participant

Welcome to the forum, Karma!
                    Your broken Oriental… I remember the discussion about a peacock or jade – can’t remember which – that was displayed on E-Bay, neck broken, with a horrid glue job. Was it that one?

SPark
                    Participant

I’m pretty sure that one went for more than $40, or I would have bought it! But I got one later on from somebody else anyhow. I have an embarassment of orientals, but I want more, because I neeeeeeeed a jade one!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.