First dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody First dragon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

So I’ve been wondering, when was the first time you sculpted a dragon and what did you learn from the experience? Do you have any pix of it? Is it still lurking around the factory somewhere? Would love to see!

tdm 🙂

tdm

Melody
      Keymaster

So I’ve been wondering, when was the first time you sculpted a dragon and what did you learn from the experience? Do you have any pix of it? Is it still lurking around the factory somewhere? Would love to see!

tdm 🙂

I got an image to work!!
        Here is a pic of one of the first ceramic “real” dragons I sculpted. I had sculpted a couple zombie dragons in school, but they were pretty grotesque. Teenage angst.
        I learned that if you sculpt a head that is too large, and not supported properly, it will fall off. Duh.
        I also learned that it MIGHT be possible to make extremely detailed dragons, if I could just get ’em to stay together.
        That’s my 3rd grade Zorro lunch box.

Melody
        Keymaster

I still have the very first sculpture I ever did! My grandmother saved it, and I found it when I inherited her stuff.

phantomess
          Participant

That’s so cool to see. Thanks for sharing, Melody!

And… zombie dragons? Interesting!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

CHeMnICORn
            Participant

Too bad the head came off. I can see how awesome it would have looked on paper! Sadly physics does not like us to make characterized structures in 3D. X-P

Of course now I feel like I need to draw this cool looking drake….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.