fbpx

Ever consider making adragon like this one?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Ever consider making adragon like this one?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

Yeah, I like ears too, but cant seem to sculpt scaley ears so mine have furry ears! πŸ˜€

lamortefille
      Participant

Kujacker wrote:

As an artist, I almost always draw dragons with ears (if they don’t have ears, then they don’t have anything on their head! No horns or anything). So it doesn’t look different to me. I prefer them with ears.

Do you have a gallery?

Kujacker
        Participant

purplecat wrote:

Yeah, I like ears too, but cant seem to sculpt scaley ears so mine have furry ears! πŸ˜€

Likewise!

Kujacker
          Participant

lamortefille wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

As an artist, I almost always draw dragons with ears (if they don’t have ears, then they don’t have anything on their head! No horns or anything). So it doesn’t look different to me. I prefer them with ears.

Do you have a gallery?

PM’d you.

Maria
            Participant

I don’t like dragons with ears. T’ain’t lizardy.
              But pewter wings would be very pretty.

Kujacker
              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I don’t like dragons with ears. T’ain’t lizardy.
                But pewter wings would be very pretty.

Ah, but because dragons are fake, and not real… they could really look like anything.

Maria
                Participant

Yeah, I know. But I like ’em to look like dinosaurs and lizards. πŸ˜€

Azurielle
                  Participant

Melody wrote:

azurielle wrote:

I ran across this picture of a sketch of yours in one of the online stores, and was wondering if you ever considered making a dragon similar to it, with the butterfly wings? πŸ˜€

I didn’t want to link directly to the site, so I saved the picture, but I can take it down, if that is not allright.

Yes, I was planning a type of dragon like that. They would of had open lace-like pewter wings, but no ears. I never did those dragons.
                    What website did you find that image on? Just curious.

It’s a print that is for sale on the Astral Castle Website. They have a bunch of other prints as well.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Azurielle
                    Participant

I totally forgot that question. 😳 I just saw the print, and that melody had drawn it and wondered if she’d ever though of making a dragon like.

pegasi1978 wrote:

azurielle, I think you forgot that you’ve already asked this question (indirectly). I’m fairly certain the print you linked is the butterfly dragon print Melody talked about the “Lace Wing” dragon being based on.

Melody wrote:

azurielle wrote:

Hi there!
                      I am entirely new to the forum, but have been collecting Windstone for years and years. My favorites are the fledgelings, and I think I have one in just about eery color they were made in. So my first question is will there ever be one (or any other than the old warrior) made in silver? Or even other metallic colors…but especially silver? My little Gold fledgeling needs a silver sibling! πŸ™‚

And my second question is have you ever considering making a fairy dragon? A dragon with butterfly wings? I have seen a sketch that you did of one, but have been hoping for all my years collecting that you might make a sculpture of one, as the fairy dragon is my all time favorite mythical creature of all time!

Enjoy your vacation, and thank you so much for all the wonderful dragon and winged cats, and unicorns…and the joy that being able to look at them brings. They are just so realistic I can sometimes almost iagine that they might come alive at any moment!!! πŸ˜€
                      first question; yes I will probably make silver fledgleings some day..but I don’t have plans to do it right now. We’ve got enough new colors!
                      second question: I worked for awhile on a “Lace wing” dragon which we never produced. She had filligree pewter wings that had a vein pattern of a butterfly or insect, combined with batlike edges. This looked similar to the wings of the butterfly-dragon print we did .. if you remember that one…I thought the wings would be too bendable, and fragile to sell that way, so I never completed the dragon.

Welcome to the forum!… and thank you!

Keeper of the Fledgings

darjeb
                      Participant

A dragon like that would be fantastic but a nighmare to make

Melody
                        Keymaster

azurielle wrote:

Melody wrote:

azurielle wrote:

I ran across this picture of a sketch of yours in one of the online stores, and was wondering if you ever considered making a dragon similar to it, with the butterfly wings? πŸ˜€

I didn’t want to link directly to the site, so I saved the picture, but I can take it down, if that is not allright.

Yes, I was planning a type of dragon like that. They would of had open lace-like pewter wings, but no ears. I never did those dragons.

It’s a print that is for sale on the Astral Castle Website. They have a bunch of other prints as well.OH! It is OK to link to them. Good folks.

Azurielle
                          Participant

Melody wrote:

azurielle wrote:

Melody wrote:

azurielle wrote:

It’s a print that is for sale on the Astral Castle Website. They have a bunch of other prints as well.OH! It is OK to link to them. Good folks.

I agree! Aside from the ones they don’t carry, I’ve bought all my windstones from them!

Keeper of the Fledgings

I bought replacement votive cups from them and a gothic card holder. Everything went great with them! πŸ˜€

Blade-of-the-Moon
                            Participant

I was going to start a new topic but the title would have been similar to this one… lol

Not sure if it was ever brought up ( new member ), but aside from the standing dragon that Melody told me about once before ( which would have made a great piece I think ), has a Wyvern-type Dragon ever been considered ? I think it could be sculpted perched pretty easily and would have awesome looking large wings. If the front wings are used as supports it would be really stable as well. Just a thought… πŸ˜‰

frozendragon
                              Participant

I think someone asked about that once….if you do a search for it…all the topics it was talked about will come up…..I think

I’m not too good with the search….and mimi is out of town or she’d find it right away…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.