Ever consider making adragon like this one?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Ever consider making adragon like this one?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Azurielle
    Participant

I ran across this picture of a sketch of yours in one of the online stores, and was wondering if you ever considered making a dragon similar to it, with the butterfly wings? πŸ˜€

I didn’t want to link directly to the site, so I saved the picture, but I can take it down, if that is not allright.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Azurielle
      Participant

Keeper of the Fledgings

Stephanie
        Participant

That would be very neat!

I agree it would be really neat but I suspect it would be a casting NIGHTMARE. The tail alone would probably break constantly.

Pegasi1978
          Participant

I think I remember something similar to this being discussed before. The wings were made out of pewter I think.

lamortefille
            Participant

That would be a cool sculpt.

Rusti
              Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

I think I remember something similar to this being discussed before. The wings were made out of pewter I think.

Hatching pegasus, I think?

Yep, that is it. πŸ˜€ But even if it wasn’t in the same pose persay, the butterfly wings would be really neat! πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
                Participant

azurielle, I think you forgot that you’ve already asked this question (indirectly). I’m fairly certain the print you linked is the butterfly dragon print Melody talked about the “Lace Wing” dragon being based on.

Melody wrote:

azurielle wrote:

Hi there!
                  I am entirely new to the forum, but have been collecting Windstone for years and years. My favorites are the fledgelings, and I think I have one in just about eery color they were made in. So my first question is will there ever be one (or any other than the old warrior) made in silver? Or even other metallic colors…but especially silver? My little Gold fledgeling needs a silver sibling! πŸ™‚

And my second question is have you ever considering making a fairy dragon? A dragon with butterfly wings? I have seen a sketch that you did of one, but have been hoping for all my years collecting that you might make a sculpture of one, as the fairy dragon is my all time favorite mythical creature of all time!

Enjoy your vacation, and thank you so much for all the wonderful dragon and winged cats, and unicorns…and the joy that being able to look at them brings. They are just so realistic I can sometimes almost iagine that they might come alive at any moment!!! πŸ˜€
                  first question; yes I will probably make silver fledgleings some day..but I don’t have plans to do it right now. We’ve got enough new colors!
                  second question: I worked for awhile on a “Lace wing” dragon which we never produced. She had filligree pewter wings that had a vein pattern of a butterfly or insect, combined with batlike edges. This looked similar to the wings of the butterfly-dragon print we did .. if you remember that one…I thought the wings would be too bendable, and fragile to sell that way, so I never completed the dragon.

Welcome to the forum!… and thank you!

Melody
                  Keymaster

azurielle wrote:

I ran across this picture of a sketch of yours in one of the online stores, and was wondering if you ever considered making a dragon similar to it, with the butterfly wings? πŸ˜€

I didn’t want to link directly to the site, so I saved the picture, but I can take it down, if that is not allright.

Yes, I was planning a type of dragon like that. They would of had open lace-like pewter wings, but no ears. I never did those dragons.
                    What website did you find that image on? Just curious.

Kujacker
                    Participant

Oooo but dragons with ears would be so neat! I’d buy them!

lamortefille
                      Participant

To me, the ears make it look very canine. It looks like it’s playful and waiting for somebody to throw a ball for it. πŸ˜‰

Starbreeze
                        Participant

It certainly looks like a happy dragon!!! πŸ˜€

Purplecat
                          Participant

I like it, I think the wings would be stunning in lacy pewter. πŸ™‚

Kujacker
                            Participant

As an artist, I almost always draw dragons with ears (if they don’t have ears, then they don’t have anything on their head! No horns or anything). So it doesn’t look different to me. I prefer them with ears.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.