fbpx

Ela_Hara's PYO Thread! UPDATE 10/25 = Pearly-Lav MUSE (Comment #21)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Ela_Hara's PYO Thread! UPDATE 10/25 = Pearly-Lav MUSE (Comment #21)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Hey Everyone!
      This is my First Ever Windstone PYO piece! It’s my piece for the recent Fall 2013 Swap, and this is the Keeper Dragon I painted for my Swapee, Bodine. The Forest theme was perfect for me. My ‘muse’ was Forest trees’ leaves turning colors during Autumn – My favorite time of year. When the trees are in their prime Autumn colors, they are strikingly beautiful in all sorts of stages of greens, oranges, yellows, reds, browns and mixtures of those colors. I feel that I captured my idea of a ‘Leaf’ Dragon turning from Green to an Orange Autumn color, and Bodine named him “Ela’s Autumn”.

I was a little hesitant doing a Keeper Dragon for my first PYO, but I love how he turned out and I’m already planning many, many more to do! :love:

Ela's Autumn photo SwapFinalPhotosVert_zpse46b920e.jpg

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Linda
      Participant

I really love your keeper dragon. The colors are really nice. I wish I could paint like that.

rock-reader
        Participant

Nice job, Eta. No one would guess that it is your first! The colors are lovely and your technique is very good!

Rachel
          Participant

Excellent job. I love how the gold color shows under the green at his feet.

Prezaurian
            Participant

I say again that he turned out really well. VERY nice for your first PYO. What comes in the future should be even more amazing. I have to ask, your photos turned out really well…. How did you manage it? I’m never happy with my PYO photos.

Ela_Hara
              Participant

I say again that he turned out really well. VERY nice for your first PYO. What comes in the future should be even more amazing. I have to ask, your photos turned out really well…. How did you manage it? I’m never happy with my PYO photos.

Thanks! I’ve started the base coats for the next few pieces I’m doing next – two Muses and a Flying Wolf. I also want to do another ‘Autumn Leaf’ Keeper Dragon similar to this first one, but I thought going from green to orange to a rusty red would be nice.

I photograph my pieces in my den downstairs that has overhead ceiling lights I turn on, to fully light up all around the item I’m photographing. I made up a folding black illustrator board ‘backdrop’ that I set up on a coffee table. I put my piece on a cake decorating turntable (a tip from another forum member on painting PYOs), that way I can rotate the item without having to pick it up. I don’t use the flash on my camera (Canon elph 115) but I use the Auto shuttle speed. When I’m done I open the photo files in PhotoShop and mostly just adjust the brightness and contrast levels (sometimes I adjust the exposure) to more closely match the colors I’ve painted. I adjust the levels by eye. If you don’t have, or know how to use PhotoShop, you can also adjust the files in a similar way with ‘Microsoft Digital Image Suite Editor’, which I believe most Windows OS systems on PCs have. It’s really easy to do.
                Good Luck photographing πŸ™‚

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Hey Hey! πŸ™‚

I’ve started my next few PYO pieces! :bigsmile:

Here’s a link to my devientART Gallery page with the initial Phase 1 WIP photo of all four – another Keeper Dragon, a Flying Wolf, and two Muses. πŸ˜€

http://ela-hara.deviantart.com/art/My-Next-WIP-Projects-WINDSTONE-PYOs-427130871

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Two New PYO Muses are Done!

Here are my next finished pieces: a Muse for my co-worker/friend Lily, and my own Muse to put on my desk at work and keep me sane!
                    Hope you like them!

photo LilyMuseFINAL_zps0c1fe11e.jpg

photo Amey-OnyxFINAL_zps2da95994.jpg

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Ooooooo! Me likey very muchly! The color combinations are exquisite!

twindragonsmum πŸ™‚

tdm

Falcolf
                      Participant

Very pretty, lovely colour schemes! πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Prezaurian
                        Participant

I am not a big fan of the muses, but these are nicely done. I like the colors.

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

My Amey-Onyx Muse has a Twin!

photo MuseTwins_zps7e335fff.jpg

A co-worker of mine LOVED the PYO Muse that I painted for myself to put on my desk at work. She also LOVES Purples, Greens, Mauves, Blues and all of those Cool Jewel-toned colors as much as I do. So… she commissioned me to paint one Exactly like mine for her!
                            I used my little Muse as a color guide and they are so close – they’re TWINS! She was really Happy! Hers is the one on the left without the little grey Pearl ‘Keep’ in it’s mouth.

(Just a Note: They may look a little ‘off’ only because I didn’t have them in quite the same facing position when I put them next to each other to photograph. The one on the right (my Muse) is turned a little more to the right than her Muse)

This illustrates how close in details I can come … if you would like to Commission me to do a little Amey-Onyx Muse for you, send me a PM. πŸ™‚

Stephanie
                            Participant

So beautiful! I absolutely adore your muses. πŸ˜€

Prezaurian
                              Participant

Very cool looking wolf. Looking forward to seeing the detailing on her/him.

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

Here’s my completed Flying Wolf PYO – ‘Autumn Phase’

After so much time in between the priming coat and on-again, off-again painting, I’ve FINALLY FINISHED! πŸ˜€

He’s painted with the Jacquard Lumiere Metallic Green, Dark Orange, and Russett paints as the base colors with Lumiere Indigo as an accent. I tried some different things on him, such as using some glitter paint (red and green) to add some sparkles and to get the Metallic Russett paint to be more red-red. And I also used a fine-tip green pen, and a fine-tip DecoColor Gold pen for some of the wing detailing. His mismatched Brown and Green eyes really set off the colors in his face well too!

I think he turned out well, and of course he does look better in person – I can’t seem to take photos that show off the metallic paints’ shine, or the glitter specks… I’ll probably put him up for sale later this week if anyone is interested in him. πŸ™‚

My Flying Wolf PYO - 'Autumn Phase' Display side photo DisplaySide2_zps3df0874f.jpg

Final PYO Flying Wolf - 'Autumn Phase' photo AutumnPhase_FlyingWolf-WS_zps5386854b.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.