Eclipse

Home Forums Miscellany Community Eclipse

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

So, eclipse anyone? We’ve got a pretty good view ; moonrise just over the Wasatch Mountain Range… Spectacular!

tdm ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

Kim
      Blocked

Thanks for posting that. I didn’t know it was on tonight. I went outside to try and see it but we have a lot of apartments and houses blocking the view of the horizon unfortunately. I will have to watch a video of it later I guess.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
        Participant

We’ve had clouds off and on – cloudy when the eclipse started … a fully eclipsed moon was mostly visible 30 minutes ago (on the East Coast). I need to go out and check again!

Edit – the clouds are back … ๐Ÿ™

Aggie83
          Participant

We were completely socked in here in North Georgia and couldn’t see a thing. My son and his girlfriend went to a local science museum that was going to stream a live feed from another museum. I’ll be interested to hear how that went.

Melody
            Keymaster

We watched it! Missed the first part because it was smoky, or cloudy or something as it rose, but we got a good view of most of it.

etruscan
              Participant

The clouds seem to be here to stay tonight but I still can tell that the eclipse is over, or mostly over. It is MUCH lighter outside than it was when the clouds were covering the eclipsed moon.

August 21, 2017 – A total eclipse of the sun will be visible in North America. As best I can tell from a small map, Melody and TDM will be near the path of total eclipse. According to a website, the maximum point of the eclipse will take place near Hopkinsville, Kentucky. I may need to go and visit my daughter in Southern Illinois. ๐Ÿ™‚

dragonmedley
                Participant

Too many clouds for us ๐Ÿ™

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Stormbreeze
                  Participant

I saw it last night!

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Natasha
                    Participant

I was at a party in Pasadena and we had a great view. It was really gorgeous. I put out some of my crystals to charge during and after the eclipse.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                      ANY Red Eyed Unis
                      ANY Test Paint Bat
                      UNIS:
                      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                      Male- Snow Leopard TP
                      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                      Mother: Okapi
                      Gothic - Mahogany
                      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

pipsxlch
                      Participant

We went to the local planetarium to see it through their telescopes, sadly we were totally socked in here in central Florida. Not even a brighter/darker. AH well they put on a solar system show anyhow so it was an enjoyable evening. And at least I’d seen lunar eclipses before.

Really? Solar eclipse over much of North America? I’d love to see that! I’ve only gotten to see smallish percentage partials. That would be totally awesome to witness!

etruscan
                        Participant

This is the website I looked at the other day.

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2017-august-21

This one is more detailed. A trip to Corvallis, anyone?

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/maps.htm

Rylorien
                          Participant

Sorry it took me forever to post these (I couldn’t find the adapter for reading my old, old digital camera’s memory card).

Out of a bunch of shots, the best two from the eclipse:

The first was around 9pm CST; the second about 20 minutes later. I’m sure there are many better pictures available online for people to see but when it comes to things like this, the pictures mean more to me when I take them. Then I have to share! Not too bad for an old camera with only a 15x zoom; unfortunately the best night photo mode filter requires using a tripod (it’s the mode I used but braced my body against my car). Using that mode without a tripod means most of the pictures end up blurry…but I’m content I got a few good ones. Clouds were an issue as the eclipse started but they cleared up until just after the halfway point…then they came back and it was nothing but clouds! ~sigh~

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.