Ebay Seller to Avoid

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Ebay Seller to Avoid

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

Just a note of caution to anyone browsing on Ebay that the seller [b]Vintagelandia[/b] ships Windstones in padded mailer envelopes and refuses to box them.

I found a [url=https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-WINDSTONE-EDITIONS-Pena-CAT-FIGURINE-Kitty-DAMAGED-EAR-SEE-PHOTOS/303266726087?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649]Windstone Cat[/url] listing that I was interested in until I noticed the shipping method in the auction description: [i]Shipped with USPS Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope. [/i] I contacted the seller and let them know that I was interested in the item, but that Windstones are very fragile due to the materials used and should be shipped securely boxed; I included a link to the Forum for more information.

Vintagelandia replied refusing to change the packaging method, claiming that

Usps padded 8 dollar envelope is quite large, and it allows for this item to be bubble wrapped and then also padded with newspaper and carton. I have previously shipped different small figurines this way, and items always arrived safely to their destination. At this point in time, I believe I have had almost 600 sales on eBay, and only once I had items break in shipping.

Just thought everybody else should know, and be wary of this seller when it comes to Windstones.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

A padded envelope? I don’t care if you can fit cardboard in it or not… you are high if you think you’re gonna ship a windstone in a padded envelope! Smh

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

LZ
        Participant

The secret I got about that particular padded envelope is that it is a very cheap way to send boxes by priority mail. They are a low flat rate and very big. You could theoretically double-box something correctly and then put it in the padded envelope. You just have to be able to seal it normally, like not add on extra length by taping a second bag or whatever, nor rip it to accommodate your too-large box and tape the rips shut. I had some people tell me to ship stuff like that so they could save on shipping. You could only send the smallest Windstones, double-boxed, in those bags.

The way this seller is describing, though, is not really safe.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

fatalbeauty
          Participant

nope! nope! nope! it is never going to arrive safe……

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

A risk nobody should take – they’ve obviously never had a windstone shipped to them in an envelope.

I have had other collectibles shipped to me this way, but the box inside always arrives damaged. If you’re an “in the box” collector, this wont work for your either. For used vinyl collectibles that are loose, this is a great way to save on shipping fees…i wouldn’t ship gypsum this way though.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Scathach
              Participant

The only things to ship in a padded envelope are beans and tads. I’ve had them come from the store that way, too.

Life is beautiful.

Nightcrow
                Participant

This was exactly what I was thinking! It would work for something small – I have actually had a seller send me a ceramic bonsai pot in an envelope! – but isn’t the cat in the auction about the size of a tennis ball? That is not going to fit in an envelope with enough padding to protect it.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.