Do these prices sound fair?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Do these prices sound fair?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Oh wow! They updated the retired list. Very cool. I kind of miss being able to see the groups of what retired in a year though.

Jodi
      Participant

It looks like they are slated for retirement, but they are still on my current price list (and I still have some in stock, so I haven’t tried to order any since I got mine in in August). They may still be selling through them at the warehouse, and when they’re gone, they’re gone.

nightcrow wrote:

Griffiness wrote:

Ha do you want the prices of windstone over here!?

Old Warriors £155
        Scratchers £120
        Lap Dragons £120
        Young Dragons £75
        Father and mother Dragons £100 each but i had to pay £120 for my rainbow male.

OUCH! My wallet hurts just looking at those prices!

I feel sorry for UKers — I went there once, and was staggered by the price of books. Apparently Windstones are just as dear!

Do you think it would be cheaper to buy from the U.S. and have it shipped overseas? I mean, considering the shape the dollar is in (one dollar = half a pound right now, I think), it must be tempting…

Thats what i ahve been doing but then i have to pay about £30 for a large Windstone to be posted and then dependng on what its worth about £40 for a $300 Dragon on customs charges and then there is the risk it will get broken or lost etc etc. So it still works out expensive.

Oh and im living away from home now i have just started uni i think you do something similar well i had to give up my job so i have NO income at all and wont buy anymore big Windstones for at least 3 years if any at all. So im a little upset at the mo

🙁

Nightcrow
        Participant

Ah — I didn’t think about customs fees. The only things I’ve ever ordered from overseas were small, and there weren’t any fees involved. I knew there had to be some kind of catch, though, and I did think about insurance costs right after I sent that reply.

Griffiness wrote:

Thats what i ahve been doing but then i have to pay about £30 for a large Windstone to be posted and then dependng on what its worth about £40 for a $300 Dragon on customs charges and then there is the risk it will get broken or lost etc etc. So it still works out expensive.

I know how you feel! I went through four years of university with no job, so yeah. And how I’m back in school again, with just a part-time job and maybe 20-25 hours a week, so I’ve spent several nights lately crying and shouting about not being able to afford the Black Violet-Pea Warriors up on Ebay. WHY? WHY NOW WHEN I HAVE NO MONEY?

I have pretty much decided, though, that if I don’t win one I will use what I’ve saved to buy the White Warrior instead, as a consolation prize. (Thank heaven I bought most of my big WEs before I went to college!)

Good luck at uni! And good luck with the collection, too. At least the nice thing about collections is they’re always there to come back to when you do have the funds! 🙂

Griffiness wrote:

Oh and im living away from home now i have just started uni i think you do something similar well i had to give up my job so i have NO income at all and wont buy anymore big Windstones for at least 3 years if any at all. So im a little upset at the mo

🙁

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Jodi
          Participant

People in the US who buy things from outside the US do not have to pay any fees or tariffs. It only happens when people from other countries buy something from someone in the US. I’m not sure about all the details, but that’s the way it works.

emerald212 wrote:

People in the US who buy things from outside the US do not have to pay any fees or tariffs. It only happens when people from other countries buy something from someone in the US. I’m not sure about all the details, but that’s the way it works.

We may, depending on what we are buying and where we are buying it from, end up paying duty fees and therefore also broker fees — on statues from Canada we don’t pay any duty; on statues from the UK we should be paying 5.3%.

But yes, we don’t pay sales tax. This is for the same reason we don’t (yet) get charged sales tax on goods shipped interstate. Firstly, and most importantly, there is no national sales tax. Secondly, each State is responsible for collecting its own sales taxes. On goods that come into or go out of a State there is (as yet) no consensus as to how taxes should be collected. Basically on intrastate purchases the vendor collects tax; on interstate or international purchases the consumer is (theoretically) responsible for paying use taxes. Since most people do not have a business license and so do not normally pay sales and use taxes (except on big ticket items such as cars and property), the tax on small items, though due, simply goes uncollected because there is no mechanism in place to collect it.

This problem doesn’t arise in other countries because sales taxes there are usually collected on a national, rather than local, level.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.