Do these prices sound fair?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Do these prices sound fair?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

I’ve been snooping around the ‘web, and I’ve found a couple of sites that have retired pieces (or might — maybe their site’s just not been updated).

Anyway, do any of these sound fair to you guys? Some seem all right to me, or even very good, but then others seem outrageous. So I’m seeking second opinions.

Ruby Sun Oriental, $184
      Ruby Mother, $100
      Ruby Male, $106
      Ruby Lap, $170 or $183
      Ruby Hatchling, $42
      Ruby Fledgling, $71
      Ruby Scratching, $183

Em. Mouse Wizard, $100
      Em. Young Oriental, $180
      Em. Young, $120
      Em. Scratching, $250

Pea. Mouse Wizard, $60
      Pea. Young, $90
      Pea. Male, $226
      Pea. Lap, $235
      Pea. Fledgling, $90

Wind Wizard (LE), $179

**EDIT: And these? I know some of them are higher than the ones above, but are they still in the reasonable range?

Ruby Hatchling, $61
      Ruby Lap, $268
      Ruby Fledgling, $104
      Ruby Emperor, $482
      Ruby Male, $115

Rainbow Mother, $126
      Rainbow Hatchling, $43

Pea. Lap, $191

Thank you guys so much!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
      Participant

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Arlla
        Participant

Most online shops that sell windstones have a ton of retired stuff listed that they don’t actually have – but best of luck!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
          -J R R Tolkien

Skigod377
          Participant

The prices look fine to me. Most are certainly less since the price hike a while back. Good luck, though. I am skeptical like Arlla when it comes to sites updating their stock. 😉

Ha do you want the prices of windstone over here!?

Old Warriors £155
            Scratchers £120
            Lap Dragons £120
            Young Dragons £75
            Father and mother Dragons £100 each but i had to pay £120 for my rainbow male.

Purplecat
            Participant

The prices look good to me too. The peacock male is a bit high, but other than that I’d say they have pretty fair pricing.

Heather
              Participant

Griffiness wrote:

Old Warriors £155
                Scratchers £120
                Lap Dragons £120
                Young Dragons £75

Yikes, that is high . . . although I have to admit that this uncultured Yank, at least, had to look up the exchange rate. 😉 Hang in there Griffiness!

Nightcrow, most of the prices appear in line with the most recent retail pricing for the non-retired. The Wind Wizard also appears to be retail. Regarding retired: they seem to want an awful lot for the Peacock Male. The Peacock Lap, on the other hand, can top $200 on eBay; the $191 one is closer to retail. And the retired Young Orientals always command a bundle. In the second batch of prices, the Ruby Lap and Emperor are definitely higher than retail, into the “ow” range. But that color may be next to retire, and I know that the Emperor at least is pretty hard to find.

Good luck! 🙂

Brian
                Participant

I can’t remember exactly what Dragon Master once told me but it was something like, It is worth as much as someone is willing to pay. So I guess if you want it and have the money for it, it’s worth it. 🙂

Nightcrow
                  Participant

Griffiness wrote:

Old Warriors £155
                    Scratchers £120
                    Lap Dragons £120
                    Young Dragons £75

OUCH! My wallet hurts just looking at those prices!

I feel sorry for UKers — I went there once, and was staggered by the price of books. Apparently Windstones are just as dear!

Do you think it would be cheaper to buy from the U.S. and have it shipped overseas? I mean, considering the shape the dollar is in (one dollar = half a pound right now, I think), it must be tempting…

Nightcrow
                    Participant

I know all too well — I ran into that a LOT when I was looking for my Peacock Orientals. ::sticks out tongue::

However, the sites I got these prices from seem pretty solid — a couple say “retired” in the piece description, and others list every color as a separate item, with only a few having the retired colors listed.

So, know anybody who wants one of those pieces? I’m very tempted by the Wind Wiz (he’s Emerald — I didn’t realize there were two color versions, or I’d have specified), but there’s this dragon on Ebay right now who comes first… 🙂

Arlla wrote:

Most online shops that sell windstones have a ton of retired stuff listed that they don’t actually have – but best of luck!

Jodi
                      Participant

Ruby Hatchling, $61
                        Ruby Lap, $268
                        Ruby Fledgling, $104
                        Ruby Emperor, $482
                        Ruby Male, $115

Ruby is still current and not retired, so this set of prices is too high except for the Male. The first group of prices is good though, but less then what Windstones allows (unless they were left over from before the price hike at the beginning of the year). I’d get them from the first place. Those are good prices. My website has the lowest current pricing Windstone will allow, so you can always compare current pricing with my site.

Arlla
                        Participant

emerald212 wrote:

Ruby Hatchling, $61
                          Ruby Lap, $268
                          Ruby Fledgling, $104
                          Ruby Emperor, $482
                          Ruby Male, $115

Ruby is still current and not retired, so this set of prices is too high except for the Male. The first group of prices is good though, but less then what Windstones allows (unless they were left over from before the price hike at the beginning of the year). I’d get them from the first place. Those are good prices. My website has the lowest current pricing Windstone will allow, so you can always compare current pricing with my site.

Well, the emperor in ruby is retired, right? It’s stil pretty high, but maybe worth it if you really want a ruby emp…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                          -J R R Tolkien

Jodi
                          Participant

Isn’t the Ruby Emperor in the Windstone store?

Edit: Yes, it is, but it’s out of stock. Melody may make more and $320 is better than $482.

If you look at the Retired List, the Ruby sculpts show “Last Shipped” as 2007. Maybe they won’t be making anymore after the end of 2007?

Jodi
                            Participant

Oh, I didn’t see that! I’ll have to go look.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.