Brown baby meerkat

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Brown baby meerkat

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

Can anyone tell me if the baby meerkats were cast without the stone, once upon a time?

I asked for a picture of the bottom to be sure. Does anyone else have an older baby like this and can confirm? Thanks for your help.

photo Guatemala2014082_zps532ed0bb.jpg

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Pam

It isn’t a meerkat made by Windstone. Does the seller say it was made by Melody?

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

Yes, I specifically asked if it was a Windstone Editions sculpture and later asked to describe underneath (stamp or felt) and haven’t heard back. I guess I have my answer … I thought perhaps it was one created when the company was in its infancy…I’m really glad I asked about it first.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Melody
          Keymaster

Can anyone tell me if the baby meerkats were cast without the stone, once upon a time?

I asked for a picture of the bottom to be sure. Does anyone else have an older baby like this and can confirm? Thanks for your help.

photo Guatemala2014082_zps532ed0bb.jpg

Nope, not a windstone, it is cute though!

KaytanaPhoenix
            Participant

Someone is definitely trying to pull wool over peoples eyes and likely screw them…

That’s a Sandicast… and from what I can tell, worth about $20… (Yay Google)

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

Thanks everyone (I took that picture down)

What is concerning though…in the mean time, the seller got back to me and told me the bottom was stamped – I’ve asked for a picture. Wouldn’t that be horrible if people were not only replicating the work, but they’re covering up the replica, with a fake WS stamp?????

Pam

Katanya is right, it is a meerkat made by the company called Sandicast.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.