fbpx

Breakfast

Home Forums Miscellany Food Breakfast

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Skigod377
      Participant

1 box betty crocker hash browns
        6 eggs beaten with 1/4c milk and some salt & pepper
        6 strips bacon, cooked crunchy.

Follow directions on box for hashbrowns. When they are almost done, add eggs and cook till done. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and top with cheese if desired. Easy and yummy!

If anyone has any good breakfast recipes, please share. I like making good stuff for my man, but am out of ideas!!

littleironhorse
        Participant

FRENCH TOAST WITH REAL MAPLE SYRUP! YUM!

As for recipe, I’m afraid I never measure anything… Does anyone have a recipe?

Skigod377
          Participant

Its ok. I can make french toast πŸ˜€

littleironhorse wrote:

FRENCH TOAST WITH REAL MAPLE SYRUP! YUM!

As for recipe, I’m afraid I never measure anything… Does anyone have a recipe?
            Here are some french toast recipes that I like (they’re from my favorite recipe source, cooksillustrated.com). The whipped topping recipe is really good too if you don’t mind getting fatter. πŸ™‚

French Toast (For Firm European-Style Bread)
            Less flour in this recipe allows the batter to penetrate more easily into denser bread.

Makes 4 to 8 slices, depending on the loaf

1 large egg
            1 cup milk
            2 teaspoons vanilla extract
            2 tablespoons granulated sugar
            1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour
            1/4 teaspoon table salt
            4 – 8 slices day-old firm European-style bread (3/4-inch-thick) such as French or Italian
            unsalted butter to grease skillet (about 1 tablespoon per batch)

1. Heat 10- to 12-inch skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, beat egg lightly in shallow pan or pie plate; whisk in milk and vanilla, and finally sugar, flour, and salt, continuing to whisk until smooth. Soak bread without oversaturating, about 30 seconds per side. Pick up bread and allow excess batter to drip off; repeat with remaining slices.

2. Swirl 1 tablespoon butter in hot skillet. Transfer prepared bread to skillet; cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on first side and 1 minute 15 seconds on the second. Serve immediately. Continue, adding 1 tablespoon butter to skillet for each new batch.

French Toast (For Challah or Sandwich Bread)
            Though thick-sliced challah is best for French toast, you can substitute high-quality, presliced sandwich bread. Flipping challah is easiest with tongs, but a spatula works best with sandwich bread. To speed the cooking of large quantities, heat two or more skillets to brown a few batches at once. To vary the flavor of the batter, add three-quarters of a teaspoon of ground cinnamon or one-half teaspoon of ground nutmeg with the dry ingredients, or substitute almond extract for the vanilla.

Makes 4-5 challah slices, 6-8 sandwich slices

1 large egg
            2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted, plus extra for frying
            3/4 cup milk
            2 teaspoons vanilla extract
            2 tablespoons granulated sugar
            1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
            1/4 teaspoon table salt
            4 – 5 slices day-old challah bread (3/4-inch-thick) or 6 to 8 slices day-old sandwich bread

1. Heat 10- to 12-inch skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, beat egg lightly in shallow pan or pie plate; whisk in butter, then milk and vanilla, and finally sugar, flour, and salt, continuing to whisk until smooth. Soak bread without oversaturating, about 40 seconds per side for challah or 30 seconds per side for sandwich bread. Pick up bread and allow excess batter to drip off; repeat with remaining slices.

2. Swirl 1 tablespoon butter in hot skillet. Transfer prepared bread to skillet; cook until golden brown, about 1 minute 45 seconds on first side and 1 minute on the second. Serve immediately. Continue, adding 1 tablespoon butter to skillet for each new batch.

French Toast Whipped Cream Topping
            Brown sugar and sour cream aren’t the only ways to jazz up plain old whipped cream. Concentrated flavors from jams, juices, and liqueurs all work well. These whipped toppings are perfect with fruit desserts, cakes, or ice cream sundaes.

Makes about 2 1/2 cups

1 cup heavy cream
            1 tablespoon maple syrup
            1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat heavy cream to soft peaks. Add maple syrup and vanilla extract and beat to stiff peaks.

Skigod377
            Participant

Lawd…I gained 3 lbs just reading that!

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Now I’m getting an urge to make some…

Copper83
              Participant

I like to mash up a banana into my french toast batter. A slightly over ripe one is best. Good stuff!

Skigod377
                Participant

copper83 wrote:

I like to mash up a banana into my french toast batter. A slightly over ripe one is best. Good stuff!

Now that would be worth a try!

Copper83
                  Participant

Yep. I don’t even fix french toast anymore if I don’t have bananas. πŸ™‚

NirvanaCat13
                    Participant

Fried egg sandwich:

Use wheat or potato bread, lightly (or darkly) toasted, spread butter/margerine and favorite jelly (optional). Layer of letuce, preferably not iceberg, it’s so borring…A slice of tomato, 2-3 slices of bacon. Fry egg and add lots of cheese (I usualy do a 4 cheese grated blend then add a slice of provolone, you can also use feta, but put on sandwich then add egg) on top when almost done, then add to sandwich, close and enjoy!

(I know, so chaotic to read…it’s early…)

MMM my fav breakfast fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches πŸ˜‰ .

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

ruffian wrote:

MMM my fav breakfast fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches πŸ˜‰ .

*Homer drool* ahhhgghh

Also, Quaker rice cakes, any flavor, your favorite peanut butter, and honey drizzled on top, add bananas if desired

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.