Best Way to Repair?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Best Way to Repair?

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tatteredlion
    Participant

So I was storing my lap dragon in the box it came in. When I took the lap dragon out of the box one of the horns had broken off and made a real mess around the horn area. I’m lucky I guess that it wasn’t more of a mess. What is the best way to fix this? I had epoxy sculpt but it disappeared. I still have the pieces of gypsum would I be able to just glue them back on. If I did just glue it back together would white glue be good enough or would I need something stronger?

Those are my questions. I haven’t been on in ages and ended up just creating a new account as I just couldn’t remember my password from years ago. So hi, I hope everyone is well.

I can post pictures if needed but not sure when I would get around to it.

Melody
      Keymaster

White glue works fine to fix the gypsum. We glue the horns with epoxy. Sounds like this lap is very fixable.

Tatteredlion
        Participant

Thank you so much <3 When I do get to the repair I’ll post before and after.

pipsxlch
          Participant

Try contacting Drag0nfeathers- she is the repair wizard. She has helped guide others with their repairs.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I’m always around if you have questions or need advice, just as pip said <3

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Terri Hill
              Participant

AB357866-AB55-4734-8F1B-BA824C124E3F

Is this poor fella of the peacock family of colours. He is my oldest dragon and I’ve had him over 30 years. I’m heartsick. Tries gluing him back together but some pieces are lost. I will never let him go, no matter his condition. But I’d like to get a replacement and need to confirm that he is peacock. Also, is there a paint to touch up the cracks??

Dragons have been my love since I read my first Anne McCaffrey novel at age 16 back in the mid 80s. Melody Peña’s dragons have always reminded me of them and I have 4 of her Windstone dragons, all named for Pern dragons. Sadly, the one in my profile pic, the male, was badly damaged about a year ago. I have had home for over 30 years and I am still heartsick over him. I have glued him back as best as I can. I am always looking for one for sale.

pipsxlch
                Participant

Terri- yes he is a peacock. If you choose to get another, at least he is one of the more common pieces on the resale market. However, since he has sentimental value to you, have you thought of getting him repaired? It would be a major job, but I’ve seen as bad or worse repaired by Drag0n. There are a couple others who might give him a crack also (no pun intended). As for the touch-up paint, I’m no repairer, but I’d try black with just a touch of interference paint. Others can guide you better.

Ezekiell
                  Participant

Is there a good way of repairing scuff marks? I have a gryphon with some, but I am tentative to do what I normally would with scuffs on a Windstone. (I’m also debating whether minor scuffs give a piece ‘character’ and thus shouldn’t be repaired)

Ezekiell

Nightcrow
                    Participant

Do you have pictures? How deep are the scuffs – just through the top layer of paint? All the way to the gypsum? On a gold area?

Depending on the color of the piece, and the level of damage, it can be pretty simple to match the paint and cover up a scuff.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.