Best bargain

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Best bargain

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sapphire
    Participant

When I was asking a friend on the forum this question I thought it would be great to hear what other forum members thought had been their ‘Best Windstone Bargain’ .

Lupuslunae
      Participant

I’ve gotten an emerald hatching dragon for a dollar at a yard sale. That was the cheapest Windstone I ever found. But my favorite deal was my ruby sun dragon and rf ow for the store prices. :bigsmile:

Leigha
        Participant

Hmm….I’ve found some good deals over the years. I got a lightly damaged Emerald OW for around $65 not too long ago.

My best has got to be my Copper Gold Sitting Spectral. I don’t remember exactly what I paid, a couple hundred or a bit more, but for an Olimpia painted piece from eBay, it was a good price.

Stephanie
          Participant

I found my old green emperor on Ebay for a BIN price of $100. ๐Ÿ˜€

Wampus Dragon
            Participant

Found a hatching pearl empress for a 20.00 BIN and an old green hatchling for 5.00. Both were mislabeled on Ebay.

littleironhorse
              Participant

The bargain that dragged me back into the addiction:

In mint condition:

Male Dragon (Peacock)
                Mother Dragon (Peacock)
                Young Dragon (Peacock)
                Hatching Dragon (Peacock)
                Small Wizard (Peacock)
                Male Pegasus (White)
                Mother Pegasus (White)
                Male Unicorn (White)
                Baby Unicorn (White)

Some damage:

Mother Unicorn (Black)
                Baby Pegasus (White)
                Hatching Pegasus (White)

All 12 pieces for $270.00

twindragonsmum
                Participant

A perfect pair of small black flap cats on ebay with a BIN of $8.00 and free shipping ๐Ÿ™‚

twindragonsmum :love:

tdm

PurpleTurtle
                  Participant

-Large Happy Cat gargoyle for 16 dollars.
                    – Griffin Candle Lamp for 45 dollars.
                    – I got a small happy cat gargoyle for only 1 dollar BIN. Shipping was 8 dollars ๐Ÿ˜†
                    – I also won the hatching gargoyle ( the little blue one sticking his tongue out) and the one with just his eyes peaking out. They were together as a set and only cost me 20 dollars total after shipping.
                    – A slightly damaged Ark Candle lamp for only 30 bucks total after shipping.
                    – A brand-new, in box, Hippogriff Candle holder for 49 dollars BIN.
                    All of the mentioned peices were one’s I wouldn’t have seriously considered purchasing, but the prices were all to good to pass.
                    But my most awesome purchase was my ebay Zeppard Poad #8. I won her for only 76 dollars!

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

A then friend (now boyfriend!) found a black baby unicorn with a small chip on the inside of one nostril and missing it’s gem for $5 at an antique store.

The other bargain was finding the rare small wizard in blue with the rose colored sleeves for $10.

Kujacker
                      Participant

I got a mint white male coiled for $20. A mint hatching peacock emp for $50. Mint BG OW for $100.
                        But I have to say the best deals were the windstones I got for free ๐Ÿ˜‰ My BG Emp, Scratcher, Mother and coiled Male (or was the female the free one?). And amethyst hatching Kinglet.

Bodine
                        Participant

wow,cool!
                          I got an ,old brown male,no pad, for $20.00 in excellent shape too.Ms.Melody commented her Mom had helped paint it because she recognized the trim work so it is one that is,to me,worth a great deal more.
                          I must add that my “Toasty”from Ms.Melody’s raffle is the best though. :bigsmile:

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Wampus Dragon
                          Participant

Oh! I forgot, the most recent bargain I came across was a ruby young oriental for 80.00. A steal in my opinion. I found it on consignment at a california shop when I was calling around for windstone dealers. The felt pad is a little worn, but other than that, he’s awesome.

Christine
                            Participant

Snagged a mint white Baby Uni on Craigslist for $5 a while ago…

I’m the type to ease the cost of my collection with the occasional sale if I find a nice deal on a lot. I managed to get a Light Peacock Young Oriental for free that way, he was bundled in a large lot and I only wanted him. After seeing them going for $300 on ebay recently I’m pretty proud of managing that one. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I do repairs/restorations too (at least when I had the time). I picked up a really nice Old Green Family for $100, made them new again, and put them up on ebay. Even with the repair disclaimer they sold really well.

But BY FAR the most amazing deal I ever found was the most amazing find I ever had too–a really rare Large Wizard with the blue robe, rose sleeves, and brown hood. He needed love but his repair thread lives on, actually:
                              http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/repaired-large-brownrose-wizard

He ended up being $80. (And DAYS hunched over to do the repair work as perfectly as possible… Labor of love!)

I know I can die happy as a Windstone collector, I can never top that. It’s like finding a Superman #1 at a garage sale for a dollar or something XD

WolfenMachine
                              Participant

Hmm. I got my young white uncorn for $14,

male and mother white unicorns for about $24 each or less (from the same seller, shipped together and miraculously survived!)

an old green mother, hatching and 2 males for around $25 each (also as a group on ebay-they were my first Windstones)

Ruby old warrior for less than $200, maybe less than $100-it was so long ago. He was 50% off.

Ruby fledgling for $45

Large Siamese flap cat for $88

White lap dragon for $50 on Craigslist

Sitting at candle lamp for $24. He’s damaged, but he’s so cute!

large blue and red wizard for $64

emerald oriental for $99

Emerald and Ruby sun dragon for $192 each (the ruby was still in production at that time)

white male pegasus for $66

baby white pegasus for $25

Peacock rising spectral for $175

black gold scratcher for $80

Red fire rising spectral for $200 in trade value

Windstones were a little cheaper in the early days. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I also got some great deals on my small black flap cats, griffin candle lamp and white grand unicorn but I don’t remember how much. They were all part of a sale one store was having where everything was 50% off

Of course Ive spent some embarassing amounts on my collection too, so it all comes out in the wash ๐Ÿ˜‰

Setsunawolf
                                Participant

My best deal was my broken Em Pea lap. She still needs her head fixed, but I bought her off of ebay, she got damaged in shipping. The seller sent me another mint Em Pea lap to replace the damaged dragon and the post office let me keep the broken one. My roomie’s dad is a sculptor and he said he’d fix her for me. I just need to get the two of them together ๐Ÿ™‚

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                                  Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                                  Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.