Another issue: buyer

Home Forums Miscellany Community Another issue: buyer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

So I sold a Windstone to someone privately. (no one here, don’t worry). It was an expensive piece and she asked if she could make payments. I said yes, BUT I have certain rules. I require 10% down payment that is non refundable should you change your mind later. Payment MUST be made by the due date each month, I can send a paypal invoice. Do you accept?
      She happily accepted. That was early November. I *LET HER* pick the due date. She decided on the 15th. Here it is February and THE ONLY PAYMENT I GOT WAS THE DOWN PAYMENT. She took weeks to reply and always had an excuse why she would ‘pay later’. She now wants her money back and I told her no! She was supposed to send the down payment and first payment in November, nothing. Nothing in December. Nothing in January. Nothing. That’s months I have *NOT* been selling this dragon (that I really didn’t want to sell in the first place, but I need money for a down payment for a house) and that’s MONTHS that someone else could have held their word or paid in full. So I’m keeping him and she’s opened a paypal claim. I don’t know if Paypal will accept email screen shots where I tell her the money is non refundable and she agrees to my terms as reason enough to side in my favor. Having a bad day and this was the beginning of it! I just got 2 paypal claims resolved in my favor this past week over dumb stuff. Not again -_- So now there’s a hold on my account because of her. I’m so mad!

Chloe
      Participant

I’m so sorry. Now we are both enraged. I swear my blood is boiling right now. …

Anne
        Participant

Hi! this is my first time posting, but I wanted to lend some advice I’ve read elsewhere. On facebook there’s a group for people who do work in artist alleys at various conventions and paypal claims have been brought up before where buyers have been flaky and opened claims against artists. The advice given there is that Paypal is almost always more sympathetic if you talk to a customer service person on the phone. Your e-mails and terms should be good evidence in your favor. But even if it’s not, it’s probably better to know sooner rather than later, right?

Best of luck!

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

PayPal used to have a 45 day policy for refunds but I’m pretty sure they extended it for 6 months or something like that. If you send the messages though I don’t see how you can’t win the argument.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kim
            Blocked

I am assuming if she just put 10% down that it wasn’t very much money that she forfeited? In this case as a seller, you have more than enough rights to keep the money as she agreed to your terms and didn’t follow through. For her to file a claim is kind of ridiculous in my opinion when she is the one who put you out so you couldn’t resell it. If I were a buyer and couldn’t follow through then I would know it was my fault and my loss and I shouldn’t have agreed to payments to begin with. What the heck is with people these days, scamming people, filing chargebacks, filing paypal claims, not sending pieces they were supposed to trade? Is it just me or has this been a really sucky month or two for a lot of us dealing with these issues?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

WolfenMachine
              Participant

Hi! this is my first time posting, but I wanted to lend some advice I’ve read elsewhere. On facebook there’s a group for people who do work in artist alleys at various conventions and paypal claims have been brought up before where buyers have been flaky and opened claims against artists. The advice given there is that Paypal is almost always more sympathetic if you talk to a customer service person on the phone. Your e-mails and terms should be good evidence in your favor. But even if it’s not, it’s probably better to know sooner rather than later, right?

Best of luck!

Heyyy ahoffer! Welcome! You really think so? Because in my past experience with paypal, ebay, the post office, etc., big entities like that want some kind of proof. She opened a “non receipt” claim against me. So what, do they want a tracking number or else? We originally started talking through ebay and then moved to email. It was $70 in question. I have screen shots of our messages. I am just afraid paypal won’t care about me (the seller) because 1-paypal seems to always side with the buyer in my experience and 2-they may say that emails aren’t enough proof or that our agreement doesn’t hold up because …I don’t know. Some legal reason. I’ve been stressing over this so bad, my anxiety goes through the roof when I think about it.

Mary
                Participant

Heyyy ahoffer! Welcome! You really think so? Because in my past experience with paypal, ebay, the post office, etc., big entities like that want some kind of proof. She opened a “non receipt” claim against me. So what, do they want a tracking number or else? We originally started talking through ebay and then moved to email. It was $70 in question. I have screen shots of our messages. I am just afraid paypal won’t care about me (the seller) because 1-paypal seems to always side with the buyer in my experience and 2-they may say that emails aren’t enough proof or that our agreement doesn’t hold up because …I don’t know. Some legal reason. I’ve been stressing over this so bad, my anxiety goes through the roof when I think about it.

Paypal doesn’t always side with the buyer, but they do offer the same “buyer protections” that Ebay does in that for merchandise they guarantee against breakage or “not as described”.

However, in your case, you do have evidence (emails) that the buyer agreed to a non-refundable 10% deposit, so I think they should decide this in your favor after reviewing the emails.

But, it probably is a good idea to try to reach them over the phone to explain your case instead of relying on the automated system.

Hope this works out well for you.

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

OH MY GOSH!! I just read this, hadn’t seen it yet.

Buyer: I paid $70 for a windstone dragon statue as an initial payment. The seller changed the payment agreement after the initial payment asking that I pay a deposit and a payment of $70 in December. This was not the agreed arangement. I attempted to work out a solution with the seller and got no communication. I had rquested a shipping quote and also a way to work out payment arrangements but did not get a response. I would like a refund for this only payment I made toward this item I will not receive.

That’s such BS! She must forget I have screen shots of our emails. Her name is [name removed by moderator]

Me:
                    “Hi! I am soo sorry! I haven’t been on my computer in a few days. They changed my schedule from third shift to first so my sleeping, eating and general life schedule is out of wack now. No, the dragon has not sold and yes I will be willing to do a payment plan. I have bought many pieces on payment plans myself and sold out a few that way too. My terms are as follows: I require 10% down that is non refundable after 7 calendar days if you change your mind. The reason for this is that I have had buyers ask me to hold items for them and after weeks, they drop off the face of the earth. In those weeks I had other people asking about said item but it was on hold. After that, there is a minimum payment of $150/month sent via paypal as a gift or with the fees covered. If you are able to send the rest next month, that would be great. I still am quite attached to this dragon but the only reason I’m selling now is to add to the down payment on our first house we are hoping to be able to buy in December. I believe I saw you were in [location removed by moderator]? Let me know your postal code/province and I will calculate shipping for you. Unless you prefer FedEx, I will be shipping this big lovely guy insured with USPS. He will be double boxed with lots of packing peanuts, large bubble bubble-wrap and plastic air pockets. I once shipped an Emperor to Australia (he’s big but he’s the easiest to break!) and he survived! 🙂

Also on a personal note, please promise that if you ever sell him, please contact me first. <3 I do love this piece but….there are bigger things in the future, and there will always be another Windstone I "gotta have" 😉 haha I can be reached more quickly by email: violetwerewolf at gm41L.com (of course remove the spaces, change to google and use the appropriate symbols. Ebay wont let anyone send addresses

buyer:

[message removed by moderator]

So because I’ve asked her to send as a gift (even though she didn’t and I invoiced her) am I screwed?

darjeb
                    Participant

Good luck and I hope you (the seller) win with Paypal.

As a reminder, please do not post the names, usernames, or personal info (such as locations or contact info) of people with whom you are having a dispute. This is considered “called someone out” and is against our forum rules.

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/windstone-forum-rules-guidelines

In any given case, there is a good chance that the other person is also a forum member or a Windstone customer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.