advice.. how would you…

Home Forums Miscellany Community advice.. how would you…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Matty
    Participant

Hey everyone.. looking for some quick advice.

I have encountered an unusual situation and I am wondering what you would do if you were in my situation. Close to a month ago I purchased a GB horse from a member here on the forums through the classified ads. I should not that this seller has not had any feedback left and I believe to be a long time member.  Her banner on her profile showcases her collection of Windstones.

I paid her in full for the purchase of the horse. Two weeks went by and nothing arrived in the mail, nor any message that the item was mailed with tracking info which is covered in the shipping cost. So I messaged her. A couple days later she replied that my horse was packaged up and ready to go and she apologized for the lengthy delay. That message was over two weeks ago.. basically she has not sent or attempted to send my piece out after a month of receiving funds for the item. I sent her a message two days ago asking once again if my item has been sent out in the mail..no response as of yet. I was hopefully smart when I sent her the money on paypal and marked it as a purchase for goods. I did in my recent message tell her, that if she changed her mind on parting with her horse, that she could refund me the money in full.

I have a couple choices I feel I can make. One is to contact paypal and ask that they get involved and get a refund back. Addition to that I would contact a moderator and ask that her name be added to the bad sellers list to spare other members this hassle.

The other choice is to wait a few more days to see if she responds.. and has an update for me.

In her listing she had a few items from her collection.. her listing is now gone.. so I wonder if anyone else is still waiting on items from a seller. I am wondering since she said she needed funds and had to sell off her collection.. if she spent the extra money I paid for shipping and now can not afford to mail out the horse.. either way I think it is wrong to list an item and not ship it out after a month and waiting..

This all being said I have purchased from a lovely seller on here and she sent my item out the next day. She is also letting me do a payment plan for a unicorn. So not everyone on here is bad.

What would you do? Anyone still waiting on a item that has been paid for awhile ago like me..?

GardenNinja
      Participant

Windstone is not involved with the feedback lists, so a moderator can’t add anyone to them. They are maintained by dragonmedley on her own website. However this all turns out, it would definitely be helpful if you could give the username and describe your experience to her.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Matty
        Participant

I have already contacted dragonmedley with my situation.. .I referred to her by mistake as a moderator. She is just waiting for me to forward the name. I am conflicted as this member I have the situation with is an active part of the community. She was last on 3 days ago. I think tonight I will pass on her name to dragonmedley.

In response to your statement GardenNinja I do think at some point a moderator or someone else that looks after this site.. should be involved though in dealing with members that list items here for sale, take money and do not follow through with mailing out the item. I think said members should be banned from the site or at the very least from being able to list items. Either way.. thank you for your reply.

Matty
          Participant

I am not trying to sound like a negative part of the community. It has just been exhausting as of late. First I had a string of aggressive messages demanding I sell pieces that I posted pictures of when participating in grab bags. Same thing happened when I won a raffle. Then there was the issue when I hosted a swap. Everyone received their poads.. but one member who had struggles getting hers sent out to her which was discouraging. I took a break came back and decided to get back on the board and support local members here rather than ebay sellers. Just my luck I buy from a seller here that is not making an attempt to mail out my piece.

I am just drained out from the bad experiences. I must attract bad luck lol. I am also struggling with the shock of a friends son’s death. He was 16 years.. just stepping out in life.. growing into a young man. He committed suicide recently. There are no words to describe this loss. No words. Its a nightmare.

I messaged dragonmedley the sellers name. I also opened up a case on the paypal resolution site. They have you send the person an email as the first step. I have not done this before.. so it is a new experience. Paypal gets a copy of the email. I am asking for a full refund. With what I have to deal with on my plate.. I think this is the best solution for me.

Trying to feel that this is a good community to be a part of. I keep reminding myself of the good experiences here. I am just back to being discouraged again. I am uncomfortable posting pictures of purchases, not hosting another swap, now I am uncomfortable buying from sellers on the classifieds without seeing their name on the positive feedback list.. and only from those members.

Kim
            Blocked

Sorry again to hear all that has happened Matty!  That is definitely not the norm with people who sell and trade on Windstone to not ship in a timely manner.  I have only really had one issue like that in the past few years when someone didn’t ship a trade and I got it two months later after messaging them several times.  At least if you paid you are protected by paypal.  Usually when I buy items or trade with people I ask what day they are able to ship and I ask for a tracking number by that day so we have an agreement and there is nothing left open to guessing when I will get something.  Or when I sell or trade I also let the person know when I can ship and send the tracking number once I do.  I do understand sometimes people get delayed by a day or two when shipping or if someone says on a Fri they can’t ship til Mon then that is totally understandable.  If I am ever delayed in shipping I message to let the person know and I expect the same courtesy.  But if a few days goes by if I haven’t heard back from someone about shipping I would message them and ask when they would be shipping it for sure.  I would not wait two weeks or a month like you did so you are very patient!  Once something is paid for or agreed to be traded it should be shipped right away or within a few days at most.  Leaving something a month and not messaging the person that paid for the item is certainly not a fair or acceptable way to do business and if I were you I would be concerned and set a deadline to ship by or ask for a refund too.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
              Participant

I can’t beleive this is still going on. If this is the case of the usual suspect, changing usernames to dodge their pre-existing negative feedback…i wonder if there is a way to flag that person’s IP address so no more accounts can be created?  IF that’s even applicable here. I really am just speculating.

This makes me mad.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Matty
                Participant

You made a good point Kim of setting a date with the seller in which they will mail out your item.  The member that I bought a Unicorn Colt from on here.. like I said was super amazing and mailed my item out the next day. I am in the process of paying installments with her for a lovely Unicorn she is re-homing and she keeps in perfect contact with me after each payment is sent. That tells me that there are really good members on here that do follow through and care.

I will wait a few more days for the seller to respond through the paypal message I sent. Hopefully they will soon. Paypal sets a deadline for them to message me back. It makes me feel terrible having to start this process honestly but I think it is the right choice.

Bodine
                  Participant

Dang Matty,I am sooo sorry.Seems I am not the only one jinxed with bad luck.I do hope all works out for you and you don’t give up on this little community.Hugz!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
                    Participant

I am sorry you are having such a rough time. I wish you peace in the healing process of your friends son. I know what a shock that is and how hard it can be to understand where they were coming from.

I believe that if you have issues with transactions thru the classifieds here, Windstone staff doesn’t generally get involved with them. But if you contact them and let them know what is going on then they can in some cases take action against a seller who has a few complaints against them. Such as banning unscrupulous sellers. Either way, they need to know so that they can add the case up against the unscrupulous person.

I can’t find the previous posts where this was mentioned. But I would at least contact Susie and let her know of the issue and who was involved.

Looking for:
                      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Mary
                      Participant

Oh no….I hope it’s not the same person that so many others had issues getting merchandise back at it again.

Matty, Windstone does have moderators but if you read the disclaimers for the classifieds, they simply allow their website to be used for forum member to privately exchange/trade merchandise & don’t have any responsibility for the transactions.   Both parties in the transaction accept responsibility for the trades.

In your case, file a claim with Paypal, and they’ll refund your money & credit the seller’s account.  If they aren’t going to send out your merchandise, at least they won’t be able to keep your money.

The feedback lists are good, except that some of the abusers have created new forum accounts to get around it.

Hope this works out for you!

Mary
                        Participant

AngelikaZen,  Flagging IP addresses wouldn’t work as IP addresses aren’t always static & can be assigned dynamically to give a different IP address upon refreshing IP.  There are stronger forms of authentication that can be done, but usually those are only used for financial transactions and not on merchant websites.  It’d be too much hassle for a small firm like Windstone to do, imo.

If Matty’s seller is the same as earlier problems with not getting merchandise, she’s already used new Windstone accounts.  Best for Matty to let Susie or John know, and get her refund via Paypal.

Matty
                          Participant

Okay so update. I heard back from the seller through paypals messaging service. She now says she has as of today has mailed out my package and later tonight will provide tracking information. So we will see.. if she actually does provide the tracking number as indication that she did in fact mail out the item. So lets all hope she has done that.. I really don’t want to be in a conflict with a member on here. The positive thing is paypal keeps a record of all your communication through their resolution department. So if someone says.. I will mail out something and provide a tracking number they have to follow through as paypal is also aware of their actions.. which makes me feel better.. and all information is collected to proceed with a dispute is it goes to that level.

Funny how a message through paypal finally motivated them a month later to mail out my purchase. If they provide a tracking number tonight.. then I will be a little more relieved. I will not close the claim though until the item arrives.

Advice so far from what I have learned for anyone that goes down this path.. which I hope doesn’t happen..

As Kim said.. before paying for an item on the classifieds.. discuss when the seller will be mailing it out. Have them email this message to you.

In my case I selected buying for goods and services when sending the seller the money. I strongly suggest you do this as it protects you if you should need to open a claim.

I only just thought of this last one.. if the seller does not appear on the feedback list.. ask them if they have sold to any other members here.. and perhaps contact those members as a reference? Or ask the seller to provide references for past transactions.. I think that sounds fair and I wish I thought of it at the time.

Angelika_Zen
                            Participant

Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining that.

Matty, my fingers are crossed you get you GB pronto! And this be the last of your string of bad luck. I don’t think it’s offside to ask someone for references.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

etruscan
                              Participant

If you are buying from someone you haven’t dealt with in the past, or especially if it is a trade with someone new, it is perfectly acceptable to ask for references whether that person is in the feedback lists or not.  Occasionally a member who is proposing a trade will offer references without being asked.

Once you have names of references, don’t hesitate to message those people and ask about their experience with your potential seller/trade partner.  I usually get a very prompt response when I inquire about transactions, and I never had someone refuse to answer those questions.

Scathach
                                Participant

Matty,

I hope you get the right item, too.

I strongly suggest (ok, really telling you to do this) that you video record the entire process of opening the box.

Yep, right from the complete address label, you cutting the tape, opening the box, taking the item out of the box, etc., etc..  Complete, uninterrupted, date and time stamped.

Once you’re sure and completely satisfied that it’s the right piece, delete the video.

I started doing this a few years ago and it hasn’t failed me once.  I also video any packing and shipping I do, too.

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.