96037 and Laundry2011's First Kickstarter!

Home Forums Miscellany Community 96037 and Laundry2011's First Kickstarter!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Our first kickstarter just went live! It runs through March 27 until 11:59 PST. Check it out Here => https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/677174180/weasels-on-easels-growing-one-goal-at-a-time

Here’s to (hopefully) being successful on the first try! Even if you can’t support it financially, we still appreciate any help at all even if it’s just sharing online or telling a friend! That’s what makes it “community” funded! Thanks to the many people who helped me get it together and those who helped me proofread!

For those who would like a laugh, if you listen really carefully, you can hear my cat during the instrumental. She likes to stand on her back paws and rub my face and meow whenever I play my flute. We’ll try to get an out-takes video link on there in a week if wee can. Thanks everyone and to Windstone for hosting such a wonderful, and fun forum community!!!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

etruscan
    Participant

Do you still want to know about proofreading issues?

Do you still want to know about proofreading issues?

There shouldn’t be anymore, I am pretty sure we got them all fixed yesterday but, we could have missed something. if you find anything then sure, just shoot me a pm, and I’ll get it fixed.

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Yay, We are already at three! Thanks to those who have pledged!

Out of curiosity, has windstone ever done a kickstarter or similar thing?

Prezaurian
      Participant

I can’t spare any funds just now, but I did post your Kickstarter on my Facebook and on dA. I hope it helps!

etruscan
        Participant

There has been discussion of having a Windstone kickstarter – and I think John would like to do one – but it has never actually happened (as far as I know).

Awesome! Thank you so much!!

Thanks Ela_hara!

Just giving this a bump! 23 days to go!

Ela_Hara
          Participant

Thanks Ela_hara!

FINALLY I got a chance to Pledge for your Kickstarter, but at only 13 HOURS left to go you have quite the task to have your Kickstarter backed….

What happens if it isn’t funded?

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Thanks Ela_hara!

FINALLY I got a chance to Pledge for your Kickstarter, but at only 13 HOURS left to go you have quite the task to have your Kickstarter backed….

What happens if it isn’t funded?

I’m pushing as hard as I can. If it fails, I redo it it all and we run it again. We get nothing and you lose nothing if it fails.
            We only get anything if we make our goal.

PLEASE! If anyone can give us a bump and a push! We have 6 hours to make our goal!!

Didn’t make it. We are gonna try again, but I am gonna first see if we can revise it and make it better. I am gonna try to find some people who have run successful kickstarters and see if we can get help setting it up.

SPark
            Participant

I’m about to launch my 4th (probably tomorrow) and you can feel free to hit me up to talk about ideas. 🙂

I’m about to launch my 4th (probably tomorrow) and you can feel free to hit me up to talk about ideas. 🙂

Thant would be awesome! Most of all, I wish we were not so limited in what we can offer for the perks.

SPark
              Participant

Finding decent perks is a serious pain in the butt. My resin doll kickstarters were okay, because casting batches of stuff gets cheaper the more popular the campaign is, but with the plush one I just launched… ugh. I have to make every reward individually! I do hope it succeeds, but I could be in trouble if it does *too* well. (Although there’s worse problems to have.)

I will say that 2-d art campaigns are fighting a real uphill battle. There are so many sources for lovely drawings and paintings that it’s really hard to compete and grab people’s attention. You have to compete on price, or be super unique, or do *something* to stand out.

I suspect that having the first original turn up at the $150 level (and that being a pre-painted picture, not something where the backer would have any input) might have hurt you guys, perk-wise. Prints are everywhere, and postcards in particular aren’t actually that much of an attention-getter. My experience has been that with art, there’s more market for personalized art especially, but prints are *really* hard to get anyone excited about.

etruscan
                Participant

Maybe fabric items (T shirts and tote bags) would be more attractive perks? I know that 96037 makes things like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.