2016 Forum ACEO Swap – SIGN UPS CLOSED

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps 2016 Forum ACEO Swap – SIGN UPS CLOSED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Hey Guys! ๐Ÿ˜€
      I had great fun working on our 2015 Forum ACEO Swap last Fall, and we had several participants who did some marvelous ACEO cards! I also received messages from other interested members who weren’t able to join us at that time, so now it’s time to Host the 2016 Forum ACEO Swap!
      For those of you who have never done an ACEO, or heard of them, they are basically ‘Trading Cards’ that artists make and trade – sort of like mini art pieces that are representative of your style of art. So, yes that means that you can paint, draw, ink, use charcoal, chalk, or any other media you wish that will fit onto an ACEO Card. In fact, I encourage you to make your ACEO Cards with whatever medium you are comfortable working with, especially since these ACEOs represent YOU and your work! It’ll be fun receiving mini pieces of art from different ACEO artists participating in the Swap. ๐Ÿ™‚

ACEO Card Dimensions and Materials:
      There is only ONE Rule for ACEO Cards – they MUST be 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches in size. The finished ACEO card can be in a vertical or landscape orientation, but they must only be this size.

If you are new to ACEO or ATC (Artist Trading Cards) cards, they are fun and easy to make yourself, or you can purchase ready-made Art Cards online at DickBlick.com or other art supply sites. To make your own ACEO cards easily and inexpensively, I’ve referenced two good YouTube videos I found – the links are below. They also show some neat project ideas – I don’t know these two artists, I just thought these two videos were cool. ๐Ÿ™‚

ACEO ATC Cards Tutorial #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ml1sbT0VE

ACEO ATC Cards Tutorial #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5s6jbqYJ0w

For simplicity and versatility, here’s what I do… I buy the appropriate paper or card weight stock in a Pad or single sheets – you can find several at Art Supply stores (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc.) made for pencils, inks, charcoal drawing, acrylics, oils or watercolors, or my favorite – Mixed Media. I like using a Drawing or Mixed Media pad because I like the fact that I can plan out my piece and draw, paint, ink it, etc. on a slightly larger sized piece of stock so my image will be big enough. Then when I cut it down to the correct size, the art on my ACEO card will have a natural ‘bleed’ off the edges. This is the processes which works best for me, but please do what works best for you! Just make sure that your ACEO cards and the package you mail to me doesn’t contain any hazardous materials that the post office would be upset by.

The ACEO Swap:
      The object of the ACEO swap is to make your own unique, one of a kind ACEOs to send fellow ACEO Swap participants, and you will get unique, one of a kind ACEOs from others in return – it’s that simple! This will be a blind swap that I will coordinate, and the ACEO cards you mail to me will be shuffled to send to the Swap participants. So after sorting them I will have packets of several ACEOs heading your way, mailed out by me to you. I would like to have everyone participating commit to a minimum of three (3) ACEO cards per person, since they are small (2-1/2 x 3-1/2 size). This is because I would like to have a good assortment to send to each of you. You can certainly make more if you like to, and I encourage that – ACEO cards are really fun to do once you get started – and I thought that three would be a fair minimum to strive for.
      I will mail out the completed cards after I receive them from all the participants. You can start working on your ACEO cards whenever you want, but I need to receive them by the middle of July, so I can confirm receipt of your cards and can start compiling the packets for mailing out. I ask that you can have them in the mail by June 30, 2016, to ensure I receive them in plenty of time.
      I will send an email out by July 15th, to confirm that your ACEO cards were received – or if I haven’t received them yet. When I receive the cards, I will confirm them on this thread (by forum names) and by PM – please let me know if you would prefer to remain anonymous and I don’t need to post your name on this thread.
      When all the cards have been received, they will be sleeved (I’ll provide the sleeves if you don’t have any), and randomly drawn. The ACEO cards will be shuffled to ensure that no one receives their own cards back. Everyone should put their forum name (or real name will work too) on the back of the ACEOs you send, just so when I’m mixing them up I can keep tabs that no one is getting their own ACEO card back, LOL… ๐Ÿ™‚

I will package and mail out the ACEO cards to Swap participants at the end of July, or when the ACEOs have all been received and sorted, whichever is sooner.

I’d like to run the Sign Up through Sunday, May 22nd, and if you want to sign up please let me know by sending a PM to me, Ela_Hara. Please title your PM ‘2016 Forum ACEO Swap’ and include your name and address. I’ll PM you back to confirm I received your Sign Up and to send you my mailing address for you to mail your completed ACEO cards by June 30th. If you put them in a padded envelope, or put a stiff card with them in a regular envelope to protect the ACEO cards, that would be best.

Confirmation of Sign Up PM to You: A day or so after I receive your ‘Sign Up’ PM to me. By Monday, May 23 at the latest.

Minimum # of ACEOs to Commit to: Three (3) per participant – you can do more if you’d like! Please write your forum or real name, or both if you wish, on the ACEO Cards’ backs.

Mail By Date (to me, Ela_Hara) for Finished ACEO Cards: Thursday, June 30, 2016 — And Yes, you can mail them to me earlier if you wish to ๐Ÿ™‚

Receipt Confirmation to Participants: By Friday, July 15, 2016 to confirm receipt or identify potential issues with any cards.

ACEO Packets Mailed Out to Participants: July 30, 2016, or when all ACEO cards have been received and sorted, whichever is sooner ๐Ÿ™‚

To Sign Up please PM me, Ela_Hara, and I’ll confirm that I got your PM as soon as I can.

Don’t be shy – you can do this! ๐Ÿ˜€
      Even if you haven’t done any ACEO cards before, they’re not hard. Hey, this will be FUN and ACEO cards are Fun to trade too! Come on… the more the merrier! :love:

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
      Participant

YAY YOU !! Thanks for hosting again.I’m in!

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Mercury Star
        Participant

Signed up! ๐Ÿ™‚

Phoegonix
          Participant

I signed up! I am planning on doing something a little different, but different is good, right?

Ela_Hara
            Participant

I signed up! I am planning on doing something a little different, but different is good, right?

Yep! Different is Fabulous! As long as the finished piece is 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 size you’re good! Can’t wait to see what you come up with… ๐Ÿ™‚

Hannah
              Participant

Yay, I’m in!! This will encourage me to break out my watercolors again in the midst of all the other artsy fartsy stuff I am doing XD

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Hannah
                Participant

Question about the dimensions!

I am working with a simple ruler and scissors to make my cards, so there’s the inevitable slight errors that will be made because of human error >< They SEEM like the right size when I measure them with my ruler, but if our cards are very slightly off on some sides (by milimeters), is that going to be OK, or will they not fit in the sleeves?

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Question about the dimensions!

I am working with a simple ruler and scissors to make my cards, so there’s the inevitable slight errors that will be made because of human error >< They SEEM like the right size when I measure them with my ruler, but if our cards are very slightly off on some sides (by milimeters), is that going to be OK, or will they not fit in the sleeves?

Hey Hannah! They should fit fine as long as they aren’t bigger by more than an 1/8-3/16 inch or so. Millimeters off shouldn’t make a difference. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hannah
                    Participant

OK good! Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜€

Kim
                      Blocked

I will join and send them early this time!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
                        Participant

I have two sets of cards available if anyone needs them.Let me know and I will get them sent.No costs.

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                          Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

Hey Guys!
                            Just a few days left before Sign Ups are closed – anyone else interested in joining the ACEO Swap?

๐Ÿ˜€

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Anyone else want to join?

PM me if you do! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

Hey Guys!
                                Today, Sunday May 22, is the LAST DAY to Sign Up for the ACEO Swap… Any others interested in joining in the Fun?! ๐Ÿ˜€

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

OK – Sign Ups are officially Closed… we have 13 participants this time! Woo hoo! ๐Ÿ˜€

Reminder that you should mail out your completed ACEO Cards to me by June 30, 2016. I sent everyone my mailing address at work by PM. If you did not receive your confirmation PM and my mailing address, or if you have any questions, please PM me.

HAVE FUN! Can’t wait to see what everyone does for the ACEO Swap! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.